“Modern convenient hotel”

SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel while on business. The hotel is modern and appears very new. The room was comfortable and roomy. Although my room was on the side of the hotel very close to I-81 the noise was minimal. Breakfast was included and generous.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again whether it be on business or visiting the Hershey Harrisburg area for pleasure.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This by far was the worst SpringHill Suites that we ever staying in.Once we got there we realized that this hotel is ON THE HIGHWAY. We asked what side our room was on and of course it was on the I81 side. My husband asked if it was really noisy and the woman rudley responded with "It can't be worse then your 3 kids" and there were no other rooms avalible. Although juding by the parking lot the hotel was not full. We were on the 4th floor I81 side. Next to the evelator. Not only did we hear the traffic on the highway all night but the elevator going up and down as well. Shame on Marriott for charging 20,000 points for that hotel. Save your points and go elsewhere.
Marriott should do points according to the room your put in. Not a good way to treat customers that stay with your brand often.

Room Tip: Save your points and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimH97
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We have gone through our log and do not see anywhere where this was brought to the attention of our desk or management. If someone at our establishment made a comment as you had stated, this must be addressed immediately and is not acceptable. Please contact our General Manager so that this can be discussed further.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A surprising oasis on a long road trip. Very hard to find; not listed on interstate lodging signage. Love the shower & separate lavatory. Excellent value. Full breakfast choices included. Pool and 24 hr exercise facility. Upscale decor.

• Stayed: March 2013
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do some signage along I-81 but there is more on its way. We would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I've always tried to stay in the better marriott hotels and thought of sprighill more like the discount brand. What a shock when I checked in here! Modern or contemporary doesn't begin to describe it. Just driving up to the door made my jaw drop, then the lobby left me speechless! I thought well, the room probably won't look like much. Wrong again. Contemporary luxury suite barely covers it. The room has everything! I can not do justice in the space I have so if you are reading this far, stop. Just make your reservation and experience it for yourself. I promise you will not be disappointed. One note. Hotel is right by the interstate and the front desk has a sign advising guests. My room faced away from the road and was quiet as a library. I really can't imagine across the hall would be much different. Can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. The Staff and Management are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly would welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I sort of last minute decided to get away for a weekend with the kids. I decided on this place and redeemed some Marriott rewards points for a free night. It was a very nice and clean hotel. The beds were comfortable. The decor was fresh and very nice. The lobby had an underwater feel to it, I really liked it. My kids had a great time in the pool, and thought it was the greatest thing to be able to swim in January. Breakfast was not bad at all, especially because it was free. They had scrambled eggs and sausage along with the typical bagels/pastries/cereal/waffles and all that good stuff. The hotel is a few minutes from Harrisburg, and a few minutes from Hershey (about 25) so the location was great.

Room Tip: Our room faced away from I-81, and it was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the great comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to have you and your family stay with us again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

After trying out many hotels in the area, I settled on the SHS as my base for an extended stay in the Harrisburg area. The physical property is in very good condition, with the standard SHS brand layout and color scheme - bright, refreshing, and open, a great contrast to the brown, yellow, low-ceiling competitors in the area.

The room layout is creative, making it feel bigger than it probably is and refreshingly different than the standard box room.

All the staff I dealt with were great - friendly and responsive. The breakfast, pool, exercise room, etc., are what are to be expected at this price/service/tier of hotels. Don't expect a full-size pool, room service, etc., etc. - but it's very good in the mid-tier hotel arena.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This particular SpringHill suites is a great hotel for this brand. The decor is nothing less than midtown New York City chic. It doesn't look like a Marriott brand! Everything was quite nearly perfect.
I have stayed at many Marriott brand hotels and this is a big surprise for the price.

Room Tip: Any room is OK - you just can't go wrong with this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass along to our entire staff. The Staff and Management would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.