SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$139
$128
$110
BestWestern.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$81
La Quinta
$72
La Quinta
$165
$140
Orbitz.com
All reviewssleeping areaseparate toilet and showerhershey parkmacaroni grilltwo sinksturkey sausagenumbered roomseparate roomsfire pitdesk areacracker barrelhighway sidesliding doorminute driveexercise roommodern hoteloatmeal
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is clean, nicely appointed and generally convenient. My complaint comes from the paper thin ceilings. The ceiling creaked and popped along with thud of feet. I can't blame it all on the hotel but the design / materials. Not much can be done about the ADD with insomnia staying above. This person should have been aware of their trend and requested a ground floor room. An upper level room was not available when I checked in.

The hotel should have thicker padding, carpet and structurally stable ceiling. Very difficult to sleep when the noise and vibration sounds like the roof is coming in on top of you every 20 min. From other reviews, looks like I'm not the only one. Expect families, aka kid mobs at breakfast.

Room Tip: At $140 a night, I shouldn't have the need to write this. Try for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank John C
DOS5564, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that there were people that were extremely loud above you. Unfortunately, that is something that the hotel cannot control. August is a very busy time for families visiting the area. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again when in the area to experience our service and hospitality.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We recently stayed here on a trip to Hershey Park. The hotel was very clean, was relatively close and was in a safe area. The staff was very helpful and polite with directions, towels, etc. A small problem with the tub drain was fixed quickly. I LOVED the shower and would stay here again for the shower alone. I like the layout of the room with the toilet and tub areas separate and having a sofa bed is very convenient when traveling with the family. The bar in the lobby area in the evening is great, although drink prices were a little high. We stayed on the side opposite the highway and didn't have any issues with highway noise. Overall a great place to stay that we would book again if in the area.

Room Tip: pick room opposite of highway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DOS5564, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments were wonderful. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very new, clean and modern! The staff was very friendly and accommodating, even if you look a bit confused they will approach you and ask if you need help with anything. Free continental breakfast and WI-fi. Rooms are comfy, spacious and clean. Would definitely recommend and stay again myself. Downside a 30 min ride to Hershey but definitely worth the drive back and forth.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments. The Staff and Management are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer great service. Please visit us again when in the area.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel for one night this week and even though it is a nice hotel, with very friendly staff, I just couldn't give it more than 2 stars because I barely slept all the night. And this was the night before a 12 hour day at Hershey Park! We were in room 224, and we could hear the people above us walking, running, and what sounded like occasional jumping until after 2 in the morning (maybe the jumping sound was their door opening and closing). And of course, they were up exactly at 7:00am. To top it off, the floor above us is squeaky which just added to the noise. It's definitely not the hotel's fault that people choose to stay up for half the night, but my husband who travels often for work and almost always stays at a Marriot hotel, has never heard the tenants above him so clearly or a squeaky floor! This seems like a newer Marriot, yet they must have skimped on the insulation between floors. Thankfully, my kids slept, but for me, it was kind of a nightmare to not be able to sleep. This may have been one of the worst night sleeps at a hotel for me, ever. On the plus sides, even though the pool is small, my kids really liked it. There is a neat shower water fall thing for the kids to sit under. The breakfast with make your own waffles was very good. I thought the modern decor was a nice change from the usual hotel look. Not sure what can be done to improve this situation, but for future travelers, make sure to ask for a room on the highest floor!

Room Tip: Pick a room away from highway on highest floor.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business and was not disappointed. The hotel appears relatively new (I"m not sure how new it actually is). The lobby decor is unusual in a "George Jetson" (yes...the cartoon - Jetsons) sort of way, but the rooms are spacious and it was very clean. The rooms (suites) consist of a sitting area with a pull-out sofa with table, desk and convenience bar with refrigerator, microwave and coffee/tea service. My room had a sleeping area with a large King bed and closet. A large flat screen television straddles the two rooms so that it can be viewed from either. There are really two baths: one with toilet and sink, the other with a sink and very large shower with glass door and shower head along with body spray heads. This would be a huge convenience for families. My room looked as if I was the first person who had ever stayed there.....yes, it was that clean. The hotel provides the standard Marriott complimentary breakfast (waffles, cereal, yogurt, milk, juiice, coffee, tea, bagles, along with eggs and ham). Complimentary coffee was always available. The workout center was modest, but nice - a couple of treadmills and elipticals along with free weights. The pool is quite modest in size. A small business center is also available, convenient for printing boarding passes, etc. Hotel staff were all very helpful - providing tips on local restaurants and even some coupons.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might ask for a room that does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
DOS5564, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We hope to have you come back and stay with us coming to the area again.