SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
$227
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$149
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$105
$141
$128
$110
BestWestern.com
$119
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$81
La Quinta
$72
La Quinta
$183
$165
Orbitz.com
All reviewssleeping areatoilet roomhershey parkmacaroni grilltwo sinksturkey sausagenumbered roomseparate roomsfire pitdesk areacracker barrelhighway sidewalk in showersliding doorminute driveexercise roommodern hotel
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I travel to Harrisburg fairly often for work. I started staying here when it was recommended by another coworker. I love it! Traveling for work can be a real drag. The Springhill Suites makes it a little less so. The rooms are spacious with a sitting area apart from the sleeping area with little tables that double as TV trays. The shower and vanity are in a separate nook from the toilet. The desk area is great and there is plenty of lighting options. I love the open feel of the room which includes the glass shower wall. There is a mini fridge and microwave in each room and have never been disappointed in the cleanliness on my multiple stays. Front desk staff is pleasant and helpful. I would stay here even if it wasn't for work.

Room Tip: This hotel is right along I-81. If noise bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway (even numbered rooms). But if you run the heat/ac, the noise is minimal.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I'm a frequent visitor to Marriott and Springhill Suites hotels, and knew what to expect when I booked this hotel, using rewards points, for a visit with my husband and 2 girls to Hersheypark.

The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from Hersheypark. Use the information on the website - "GPS address is 2217 Kohn Road, Harrisburg PA 17110. Hotel 1/4 mile past this on left" - to find it.

The hotel seemed recently renovated - nicer looking than many Springhill Suites. The lobby is really nice - calm aqua water-themed and spacious, with a bowl of Chupa Chups (lollipops) and copies of the Wall St. Journal and USA Today at the desk. Check-in was quick and efficient.

The room was also really nice. Just inside the room was a small kitchenette area (stocked coffee maker, box refrigerator and microwave), a couch and desk/working area, with a frosted glass divider over the desk between it and the 2 double beds. The room wasn't spacious but was quite nice for a brief stay. Our bathroom was 2 separate rooms - 1 with toilet and small sink, the other with a stall shower (with 2 body jets) and a larger sink and mirror.

The indoor pool is very, very small - it's basically a hot-tub sized round pool with a narrow extension twice the length of the round part (note: there is no hot tub - this is just for approximate size) - "exclamation point" shaped. A nice feature is a round 'fountain' that drops water in a circle from above the round part of the pool. My 12- and 14-year-old girls swam for about an hour and weren't particularly impressed with the pool, as there were a few other kids there and it was crowded, but they were happy to be in the water rather than sit in the room while we got ready for dinner. Hersheypark has a waterpark in it so we didn't need a hotel pool, but if you're staying a few days you might care about the size of the hotel pool.

We got a 3-page listing of nearby restaurants from the reception desk - how nice of them! I think there might have been 1 restaurant within walking distance, but the first page had places that deliver. We drove to a nearby Macaroni Grill.

The hotel is near I-83 and there was a constant traffic whine all night long (I stayed in room 313). It was noticible when I tried to go to sleep, but it didn't wake me during the night. The bed was comfortable, and there were extra pillows and linens in the closet. Wake-up calls are self-arranged using the in-room phone.

There seemed to be 24-hour coffee in the lobby, although it was bitter. At breakfast the coffee wasn't any better (the decaf was weak, but I liked it, and the tea was fine - Lipton regular and decaf and a small assortment of other teas). The hot buffet was pretty good for an included breakfast. Several cereals, bananas, milk, yogurt, oatmeal (with raisins, craisins, brown sugar), eggs and Canadian bacon (I did not sample these), make-your-own waffles, bagels (Lenders-type) with cream cheese, and decent blueberry muffins.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DOS5564, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and detailed account of your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to have you and your family return when in the area.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on a recent trip to PA. The room was very clean and modern with a nice sitting area and desk, fridge, microwave etc and a big closet to store the suitcases out of the way. Unlike some of the previous reviews, we didn't have any trouble finding the place on my smartphone gps (using google navigation app). I can see the appeal of this place for a business traveler who would need to stay for a few nights - there was plenty of space to spread out and the desk area was perfect. We were traveling with 2 adults and 2 tweens and were not crowded at all. Maid service was great and extra towels were provided when requested. Bedding was very comfortable. Loved the multi jet shower and the separate powder room but was not crazy about them being located right across from the beds as there was very little privacy with only pocket doors of frosted glass separating them from the main room. Also, was not thrilled that neither the shower or the powder room door locked! Not an issue if you are traveling alone or a couple I guess but with the kids it wasn't the best. Still, only a minor complaint that was easily outweighed by the free breakfast and friendly service. The pool is very small but that wasn't a priority since we spent most of our time at Hershey park which was about a 20 minute drive. We'll definitely be looking for another Spring Hill Suites at our next destination.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sharona211
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Glad to see that we have made you a fan of SpringHill Suites!!!! We hope to have you stay with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at the Harrisburg Springhill Suites a week ago. Chose this property because its proximity to the route we were taking the next day in our travels. The hotel is modern and newer property than the one in Hershey.

Checking in was quick and efficient. The person at the front desk recognized us as Marriott Gold members. We arrived around dinner time so we asked for a some decent dining options in the immediate area. We were given a list of restaurants in the area with small write ups and phone numbers for each. He suggested one off the list, but after looking at Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to go elsewhere.

The room was clean, roomy and had modern furnishings. The beds were comfortable. Interesting room set up. Living area and sleeping area divided by frosted glass divider. Television is positioned between the areas. Toilet is in a spearate room from the vanity and shower area. This is great for families trying to get ready in the morning. I am curious though as to why they chose the same frosted glass for the bathroom door and door for the vanity/shower are? Perhaps it's because they cater to business travelers typically traveling alone. In any event, this was a minor nuisance for me and my family. I am an early riser. When getting ready in the morning the light shone through the doors, waking my family. An odd choice of materials to use for doors. More style than function.

The pantry area was well stocked and the gym was small, but serves its purpose and had modern elipticals with individual TVs. Nice touch. We didn't use the pool area, but one positive. Unlike the Hershey location, the pool is not close to the lobby, so you don't smell chlorine the minute you walk in the door.

The free continental breakfast was not bad at all. A good selection of cereals, bagels, english muffins, pastries, waffles, egg patties and turkey sausage patties. They also had juice, fruit and yogurt. Enough there to choose from and get your day started.

Overall, we had a nice one night stay and we would definitely consider staying here again. This property is close enough to Hershey (20 mins) to consider staying here rather than close to the parks. Price is a little more reasonable and you get better value here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cmak12
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for your wondeful detailed comments of your stay. It is truly appreciated. The Staff and Management hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a great hotel - new and clean!! Rooms and big and comfy to work and to relax - close to 83 and shopping. Nice lobby bar as well and free breakfast. This is in an office complex as well so it is not noisy from traffic. Highly recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. The Staff and Management hope that you stay with us again when returning to the area.