“Not so dog friendly/ tiny pillows”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Littleton, North Carolina
“Not so dog friendly/ tiny pillows”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We selected this hotel as it was listed as pet friendly. They allow you to bring your pet into the hotel, but don't leave them to go eat. Our kids were staying across the street at a suite hotel with the grandkids. We could not go over for more that a few minutes as every time we went over we felt like we neede to sneak out the back as the man at the counter reminded us not to leave our pet unattended. Fortunately Hershey Park has pet accomadations which are great.

We had asked to not be put near the exit door as our dog will run to our room door every time someone goes in and out of the hotel.
The clerk said that was all that we could have with a pet and yet there were other pet owners who checked in later than us and they were placed away from the exit. Needless to say our dog was up and down all night.

The beds had 4 tiny soft pillows on them which went flat as a pancake when you lay on them. A small bar of soap and lukewarm coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This motel was definately cheap and easy to get to, and I loved that I got to pull up right in front of the room, and the hi-speed internet, but that is where it ends. It was so NOT CLEAN that I couldn't sleep in the bed. I was nervous about what may be lurking. The staff was friendly enough.

Room Tip: Any room is good enough if you don't mind the dirtyness. This motel has many rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lukay
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The price was okay considering the holiday! The overnight staff was not very friendly. The room was motel status, my first time at a motel and last. There was a bug in the bathroom, the bathroom I, the amenities were very cheap and bare, the beds were uncomfortable, the micro/frig were needed, the iron was questionable, floors well keep your shoes on, the entire 1st floor smelled like Indian food. never went to the basement????.......breakfast.....?????didn't see nothing but a coffee maker. The best was the morning staff (young gentlemen) was very nice and attentive. Not far from Hershey Park attractions. $61 for the night

Room Tip: Higher floors for thin ways
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in town to visit bass pro shop. Hotel is plain, basic, but clean which is my biggest must. Hotel advertised breakfast, but they do not actually serve it. That was my only complaint.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Staff was very friendly. Pool room had the heaters on during a 90+ day, felt like a sauna. Couldnt connect to the wifi, ended up with a cold shower, and parking is nonexistent when the hotel is full. Other than all that, everything was ok. About expected for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the hotel side facing away from the truck stop.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Matteson, Illinois
Reviewed April 28, 2012

First night 3/29; $41.39 (TH) + $44.99 (FR, SA) = $131.37, plus 11% tax; Micro-fridge, Free WIFI though I didn't try it. Parking lot didn't have enough spaces if all rooms were booked, but there were empty spaces when I was there. I've had good luck with Motel 6 and this one was clean, spacious, and new. Didn't like the higher weekend rate but it wasn't a killer increase. It was an easy 3.34 miles drive on interstate to Keystone Conference at Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel, so I definitely saved money not staying at Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank linda1lee2
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

In general this is a nice, clean new hotel. Unfortunately (for me), my non-smoking room smelled like a smoker had lived there for about a month. Since I checked in so late at night, I didn't bother switching rooms as I just wanted to turn down for the night. Otherwise it seems like a nice hotel. Reception was cordial as well.

Stayed April 2012