Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$188
$172
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$125
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$75
$75
$112
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$54
$149
$158
$134
Hotels.com
All reviewsfull size fridgefront deskfree laundryan extended stay hotelstove toplong stayroom was cleanqueen suitehot tubhershey parkbusiness triproom keyfirst floorfitness centerthe air conditioninga great place to stayup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel for work all the time, across the US, so I've been to a LOT of 2 and 3 star (and a few 5 star!) hotels by now. This hotel is right up there in solid comfort and amenities, and has a very nice and friendly staff. I got a studio room with a marble surface kitchenette, wonderful for a 3-week stay: cupboards, sink (a bit small) 2 burners, pots, pans, plates, silverware, kitchenware, (coffeemaker), full refrigerator and--a toaster and dishwasher--with soap! The desk chair was comfy and the tv was a new flatscreen. They also have a dvd player attached to the tv, if you want to bring your own movies, or borrow the ones in their library. The tile by the kitchen was nice, the carpet in the room was feet-friendly. The closet was really deep and included a laundry basket! Room for lots of luggage and clothes. The bathroom was modern and clean; the bath had the rounded shower curtain rod that means you get more room to shower than if it hangs flat. Fluffy soft towels, too. And you don't have to endure room service every day. The other really nice thing about the room was that--despite the onset of winter cold (snow!)--it stayed warm without much fooling around with the heater. These things may not seem like a lot, but the absence of any ONE of them can make for a miserable stay.

And the staff were always friendly and helpful, even when there was a mixup with the room cleaning--they fixed it right away.

I also had a pretty view out the back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Glad we were able to make your stay a memorable one, and that you had a chance to take advantage of all of our amenities! Thank You so much for writing a review of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

nice thing about these hotels is that they can be pretty empty on weekends(in the winter), as a lot of the weekly stay folks can head home. was traveling with 2 dogs, and they had plenty of room to play after a day of travel. it's also nice having the pantry where you can pick up a snack if you like. only issue i had was a slow bathtub drain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for such a great review! But please don't keep us a secret, we want everyone to know what a great hotel we are!!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I needed a room on short-notice and thought I'd try the Candlewood Suites, as it was close to where I wanted to be.

Walking to the elevator on the first floor, I was pleasantly surprised to see a decent size pool and small exercise room. My room was equipped with two beds, a small kitchenette, and a decent sized bathroom. The room was OK, but nothing special, in regard to comfort, size and amenities. My only complaint is that it was easy to hear the people in the adjacent room in the morning. I'm guessing that the walls are not too well insulated or sound-proofed.

If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel located not far from Harrisburg and Hershey, then Candlewood Suites is an option to consider.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities for us to improve. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us, and we will utilize this feedback to help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

First got there told I had a smoke free room. Room reeked of cigarette smoke. I was given a new room and the new room had a stale moldy smell. My parents who stayed two doers down room smelled pleasant and had an air freshener. My room did not. Their room came with a bottle of water mine did not. I had two beds in my room only one had a blanket on it and the tool overall was just dingy. The beds are. It comfortable and neither are the pillows. This is the second time I have stayed at this location. The first time they were out of shampoo and this time our room was on the dirty side. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Our team works very hard to take care of each and everyone of our guests, and I will address your comments with my team. Comments made by you and others are important to our success and they are always used to create a better place to stay.. Please contact me directly at ryan.mcquaide@dellisart.com and I will gladly try to rectify any of the problems that you encountered.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had a confirmed reservation. After travelling 23 hours by air from Australia... And then driving 6 hours (on the "wrong " side of the road)....from New York... Imagine how shocked and disappointed I was to find upon arriving at 1700hrs to check in .....that my room had been given away... And there was no room for me... I could find my own way down the road to somewhere else.... I guess confirmed has a different definition in the US..... No apology.... No assistance offered... Not impressed !

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris L
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

I am sorry to hear the issues that you had during your stay, and I apologize for the inconvenience you had with your reservation.
Your experience is not reflective of the high standards that we pride ourselves with. We always aim to deliver world class service and with this in mind, your comments will certainly be looked into and improvements will be made where possible. Unfortunately there are rare situations where the hotel can become oversold, and we need to relocate guests to another hotel. In your case we set up a reservation with a nearby hotel and also offered to pay for the stay as the issue was due to no fault of your own. I am terribly sorry that such a situation arose and that we did not live up to your expectations. and I will be personally reaching out to you and your company in hopes of resolving this to your satisfaction.

Ryan McQuaide