“I gave Candlewood another chance and I was impressed”

Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Washington, DC
“I gave Candlewood another chance and I was impressed”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I previously stayed at another Candlewood property near Philadelphia and it was a dump so I was a little hesitant when I pulled into this Candlewood with my brother when the snow got too bad on 81 for us to continue. Well knock me over with a feather, this place was like a palace compared to the other Candlewood. The rooms and the main areas were sparkling clean, the staff was really nice and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Thanks Candlewood Harrisburg! Ill give your other properties a try now!

• Stayed January 2013
candlewoodhburg, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are so glad that we had the ability to change your first impression! We strive to make our guests happy and we are glad that after a rocky experience previously at another Candlewood that we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hollidaysburg
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Due to some bad past experiences, I've always been a little hesitant to stay at a Candlewood facility. The property that I usually stay at in the Harrisburg area was booked up so I decided to give this facility a try. When I pulled into the parking lot, I thought that the facility was built within the past year, so I was very surprised to find out that it was a little over 3 years old. My suite was clean, comfortable and I received excellent service from the front desk. Also, I was extremely happy with the rate that I payed! It was well worth it. If you are thinking of trying this property out, you won't be disappointed. The property is conveniently located right off of I-81.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay at Candlewood Suites! One of our greatest assets in the closeness in proximity to everything that Harrisburg and Hershey have to offer! We are always glad to hear when our guests are happy with the hotel and room amenities. We hope to see you again soon!
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We found this to be a nice retreat away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The room, as well as the rest of the hotel, was very clean. A quiet room is very important to me, as I am a light sleeper, and I was very pleased- even though the hotel was full, I never once heard a door slam or any other noise.

The exercise facilities are definitely better than average, and they have laundry facilities available at no charge. They have a small convenience shop in the lobby with complimentary coffee and tea, a few frozen dinners, and various snacks and beverages.

We will be staying here again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolton, Connecticut
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stopped on trip back to Northeast. Room was spacious and clean except for shower curtain which was mildewed. Unfortunte hiccup in otherwise nice room. Travelled with our dog and had room on first floor near side door so was very convenient. Took quick back route to mall area to grab dinner from Panera. Very convenient.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Warren, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were a vendor at the Farm Show and appreciated the spacious room and kitchen facilities. The room was very clean and the staff was very nice. We look forward to staying again next time we're in town.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed at this Candlewood many times on business. It is always clean and the people who work there are very courteous. I recommend this hotel to my colleagues who come to this area on business.

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our visit to Candlewood Suites was very nice. We stay here often for business and are always very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and how helpful the staff is. We recommend the Candlewood Suites to our colleagues that are also traveling int he area for business.