“highly reccomend it!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed June 14, 2011

i wrote a review on this place before and it never appeared, so i will write again. i stayed here from jan-may 0f 2011. this was my second extended stay at this same hotel. the price is very economical for the ammenities you receive. the room was well maintained and spotless when i arrived. housekeeping cleaned my room weekly after that and they were very accomodating to my schedule since i work the night shift. the lobby staff are top notch-very friendly and helpful-made me feel like this was my home away from home. i cant say enuf abt the staff-they are what makes this place special. my family and dog visited several times and they had blast here. the hotel is very safe for my son to wander ard in-he is autistic and he loves to talk and visit with everyone. the pool is beautiful and spotless. frequent problems with hot tub. the food in the commissary needs freshened more frequently. sometimes supllies were low, esp on frozen meals. sandwiches and deli foods need replaced more frequently for freshness. healthier foods and less junk would be nice, but overall a pretty good variety. nice grocery selection-has everything you need without having to run to the store for a simple meal or snack. ice creams were too soft. freezer needs adjusted. location is awesome. on and off major highways and a direct drive into the city. plenty of shopping, restaurants and walk-in medical facility nearby. beds are the ultimate in comfort. separate desk for work would be nice, but room space is limited. will stay here again in future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 7, 2011

The room was just right size,queen bed with desk and small kitchen. Refrig worked fine and bathroom was clean and neat. Pool was quiet and refreshing as was jacuzzi.

Room Tip: they allow pets so request room away from if that.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I love Candlewood suites, this was not the best I have stayed in. Desk clerk seemed very unsure of what she was doing. Took forever to print our registration card, then it was the wrong one. Noticed that it wasn't my name on the paper, and there was a charge when it was supposed to be a Priority club free night. She took care of it and we went on to our room. As we were walking down the hall, we were 'greeted' by a barking dog that was eveidently left alone in the room. Couldn't hear the barking once we were in the room, but I think that hotels that allow pets should reserve a certain part of the hotel for those guests so that the barking won't bother other guests. Walls were very thin, could hear the children in the room next door, so if the dog had been there, it would have bothered us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from pet rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I searched endlessly for a hotel in the Harrisburg/Hershey area that was affordable, nice and clean, and would allow pets for a reasonable fee. I read the reviews and this place sounded great. When we got to our suite, within 10 minutes we noticed ants in the kitchen and bathroom. I called the front desk and they immediately moved us to another suite. There were no signs of any ants in the suite just down the hall. The suites were fairly new looking with nice appliances and furnishings. The beds were extremely comfortable - just as comfortable, if not more, than my bed at home. This is the first time I've ever had a truly comfortable bed in a hotel! The bathroom was very roomy with granite countertops and a nice shower/tub combo. The towels were the best towels I've ever seen at a hotel. The pet fee was $25.00 for the entire stay which was reasonable compared with other hotels. They have a nice area out back that is designated as a pet walking area. They even have doggie bags and a waste receptacle for you to use. I would definitely stay here again - you cannot beat the price and the quality of the hotel is wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2011

First time at this Chain as we searched for a Hotel close to our family in Harrisburg at a reasonable price. This turned out to be excellent in all respects except for complementary breakfast.and adequate sign in procedure. Would not hesitate to stay again and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Friendly staff, extremely clean rooms, and wonderful amenities! I would return in a heartbeat & i will make sure to recommend Candlewood to anyone I know that is coming to the area! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I had to travel to Harrisburg on business and it's very important to me to find a hotel that is clean, has comfortable beds, and a good shower. and this hotel has all 3. I'm very impressed with the Candlewood in Harrisburg, PA and will be coming back to stay here everytime I'm in town! Not to mention that the staff was friendly and went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied with any request that I had. As a Platinum Priority Club member that has stayed in many hotels I will reccommend this hotel to all my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business