“Great for an extended business stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
NJ
“Great for an extended business stay”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I have been staying at the Country Inn and Suites on Union Deposit for an extended work assignment (eight weeks) in the Hershey area. I can't say enough about this property in terms of cleanliness, comfort, and service. The bedding is incredible luxurious for an hotel of this level. My room is spacious, with an excellent work desk, plenty of outlets, and good lighting. Management is responsive, and the staff is friendly and warm. I haven't used the pool or the workout room, but they are well-kept and inviting. I am not a big breakfast person, but the choices are decent, and there is 24 hour coffee service. Although I am here on business, I could easily picture staying here for a pleasure visit to the local sights.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank teepe54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
Kent
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights on our recent holiday in the US. Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Nice swimming pool, although we did not use it. Breakfast was not quite as good as all the other hotels we stayed at, but it was adaquate. This was the cheapest hotel we stayed at on our travels, and we thought it was very good value for money. Quite a good choice of restaurants nearby. We enjoyed our stay in Harrisburg The hotel was nicely located for visiting the National Civil War Museum, which I found very interesting. Would haved loved to have seen more of Harrisburg, but unfortunately was restricted by the very poor weather., It rained during virtually the whole of our stay.

Would definitely stay in this hotel again were we to revisit the area.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elddis
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2009

This was my first stay at a Country Inn and Suites. I arrived late on a Thursday night. ( October 22. The front desk was run by2 ladies who were very cordial and helpful. I was in a 1 bedroom suite (roomy and clean). I am a very light sleeper and I did not notice any noise from other rooms but I did hear noise from the highway. If highway noise will bother you perhaps try for a room on the other side of the hotel. Breakfast was decent. Eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffins etc. I found this hotel an easy distance to drive to and from the State Farm Show Complex.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank palmtreequeen1
Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2009

My best friend and I stayed here with our 2 young children and while the room was clean, the STAFF was HORRIBLE. the front desk always seemed to have someone visiting them (like a friend or family memeber). The housekeeping staff entered our room at least twice without knocking, both times during the mid afternoon when our kids were taking a nap in between park trips. The swimming pool had a nasty looking film on the top that did disappear once the jets were started up but to me that says that it was just mixed all in. The water from people leaving the pool was left in the elevator and my 6 year old fell and hit her head as well as messed her arm up. It seems the safe thing to do would be to put carpet in the elevator vs the marble / tile like floor. i am sure she won't be the last one to fall. We knew there was water there and purposely walked very carefully and she still fell. i can't imagine if someone didn't realize there was water there. We reported all these things to the staff and never so much as a "is she okay" came out of there mouths, there seemed to be no concern what so ever. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN, may not ever stay at a Country Inn and Suites again unless it is the only choice wherever I am traveling.

1 Thank LLTG
mkrotulski, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this review, October 28, 2009
The hotel staff and management was aware of this incident and believe we responded professionally both at the time of the incident and following the incident. It is our goal to provide a high quality product in a safe and secure atmosphere for our guests in a friendly manner.
NYC
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Hotel smelled new when you walked in. Friendly staff. The room was clean with nice furnishings. Not a suite, but roomy enough for a family of three or four. Hot, complimentary breakfast is a nice touch, especially when traveling with a family. The value was great! Got a great online deal. With a preteen son, I wanted to be close enough to Hershey Park without being surrounded by dozens of families with young kids. For the most part, it seemed as though other parents were thinking along the same lines. Lots of families with older kids. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My son and I stayed here while visiting Hershey, PA. The hotel was very comfortable and quiet, with all the amenities we needed. I would highly recommend this property.

Our room was not a suite, but was roomy enough for two people and had a flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, work desk and side chair. It was at the end of the hall and very quiet, despite the presence of many other families. Everything was very clean and like-new.

The breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of choices, including make-your-own Belgian waffles. Internet is free and there is also a business center with a computer you can use on a first come, first served basis.

The location is convenient to Hershey (less than 20 minutes), very easy to find and just off major highways. We arrived from Gettysburg, which was about an hour's drive. There are many chain restaurants in the area, as well as grocery stores and other retailers.

Overall, a good hotel and I found it to be attractively priced compared to others in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
long island,NY
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Nice new hotel, great friendly staff and close enough to Hershey Park. Rooms were very clean, only thing the hot tub was a little smelly! Otherwise great place to stay to get to Hershey.