“Country Inn never disappoints” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Dallas, Texas
“Country Inn never disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Enjoyed our stay at Country Inn Harrisburg. We try to find Country Inns wherever we travel. This particular visit, we called ahead of time and asked if we could check in early, as we were going to be there several hours before check in time. They were very accomodating and said they would at least have one of the two rooms ready so we could check all of our luggage in. So that is what we did, then went to Hershey and came back that evening and checked into the other room. Although there was a soccer team here, we did not hear alot of noise or have any problems sleeping. In fact, the beds were super comfortable. The rooms looked very clean. And breakfast was alot better than the previous hotel we stayed at in Philly. Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
Brockway PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped here after doing a food tour in Philadelphia. It had rained in Philly the whole time we were touring. So, when we got to the hotel, we put on our bathing suits and hit the hot tub and pool which were both nice. There were only a few people in that area which made it nice.
After we got showers we asked an employee (maintenance) where we could eat not too far away and he suggested the restaurant directly across from the hotel. We walked from the hotel. The food was great!. We really enjoyed their breakfast. It was probably one of the best breakfasts that I have had at a hotel. The only thing they could use more room for people to sit down. All in all, I thought this was a very good stop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
CIS1025, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy some of the ammenities that we offer. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I spent the night here for a birthday treat. My husband and I got the Jacuzzi sweet. The room was beautiful. We did check out the other parts of the hotel also. The pool was packed and their were a ton of kids running around the hotel soaking wet. We did not get in the pool.
WE did go into the gym ... which wasn't a gym but a tiny room with some equipment. Everything was wet, I'm guessing from the kids - so we didn't use it because I was afraid to get electrocuted! We went back to our room and enjoyed the evening there.
The breakfast was awesome - and free!! It was nice to get away and the room was clean.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi room was nice and had a fireplace but of course it was a little pricey. We thought it wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer. Unfortunately we do not control what some of our guests do here at the hotel. We hope that your next stay with us will also be another positive experience. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials, local news and events!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Had to request a room change our first night due to kids attending a wrestling competition in the room above wrestling on the floor.
Second night had to ask the manager to disperse the kids from the second floor hallway to go back into their rooms.
Parents drinking in the hallways not caring that their kids were running up and down the halls.....
Management was very responsive to the issues but next time will pass on this place.....

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Damian W
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and although we cannot control what guests do in our hotel we do try our best to keep the level of noise down to a minimum. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We took up 15 rooms this weekend so we could attend the Great American Outdoor show. This hotel was within a few miles of the event. The staff got us all into our rooms early. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was good and the staff were very nice. Cant beat this place for the price. And it had a pool and hot tub. Nice place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your early check in. We look forward to your next stay.
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

To start our stay I was advised at check in that there was a $150 incidentals fee held to a credit card. The confirmation email from the company said nothing about this. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but after Christmas every dollar is budgeted. I said to the clerk that I had just pulled all the money needed for our stay from my debt card and there was no more money left. This was our wedding anniversary get away and my wife was on her way. The clerk did nothing to make it right, offered no solutions and just simply asked if I wanted to keep my reservation. So I sat in the lobby and waited for my wife with the credit card to be able to resolve this. While sitting there another employee asked the clerk why I was sitting and I overheard her saying that I was waiting for a jacuzzi room but didn't have the money. I felt like I was made to look like i was broke and my escort was on the way. Little did she know my wife has an ailment that is greatly soothed by the hot tub. Once my wife arrived and the check in completed we proceeded to the fourth floor. Exiting the elevator directly to the right is the housekeeping door. It had cobwebs on it. My wife and I just looked at each other. Getting in the room everything seemed fine. Other than having to set the time on all the clocks, clean the hairs and black particulates from the hot tub, and warm the room from the 62 degrees it was set to. Getting ready for bed I discovered that the bed sunk in the middle, was hard as a rock and the pillows flattened to almost nothing. I went down to the desk and asked for 2 extra pillows to try to keep our heads off the bed. The same clerk that checked us in advised that there is a bag in the closet that has a pillow and a blanket in it. I thanked her and reiterated that I needed 2 pillows. She said to check the bag and let her know by phone if we needed anything else. Of course, there was only one pillow. When i called down to the desk to once again ask for a pillow she advised she would see what she could do about "scrounging" up anothed one. I didnt mean to inconvience her by asking her to do her job.The only great thing about our stay was the breakfast and breakfast staff. I don't think we were overly picky about our stay but we won't be coming back.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank rabianchi
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here after our visit to the craft show and was really looking forward to a nice stay because I book the romance package. Check-in was fine but I had to ask about the extras. Was told everything was already in the room. Thought it was strange because I needed to ask for my choice of wine. Got to the room to find they had a bottle there and it wasn't what I wanted. The room whirlpool had several hairs in it and the bed sunk in the middle. Our floor had several families with young screaming children(I know they have no control over this). When I asked the front desk about the bottle choice, they said I had to make choice at booking. This was not an option and they said I had to live with what they gave me. Well...so much for the romantic evening!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Country Inns & Suites and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

As per our website, it states that our ramance package includes the following per stay: 1 bottle of Champagne, and A 6 piece Chocolate dipped fruit pacakge from Edible Arrangements.