To start our stay I was advised at check in that there was a $150 incidentals fee held to a credit card. The confirmation email from the company said nothing about this. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but after Christmas every dollar is budgeted. I said to the clerk that I had just pulled all the money needed for our stay from my debt card and there was no more money left. This was our wedding anniversary get away and my wife was on her way. The clerk did nothing to make it right, offered no solutions and just simply asked if I wanted to keep my reservation. So I sat in the lobby and waited for my wife with the credit card to be able to resolve this. While sitting there another employee asked the clerk why I was sitting and I overheard her saying that I was waiting for a jacuzzi room but didn't have the money. I felt like I was made to look like i was broke and my escort was on the way. Little did she know my wife has an ailment that is greatly soothed by the hot tub. Once my wife arrived and the check in completed we proceeded to the fourth floor. Exiting the elevator directly to the right is the housekeeping door. It had cobwebs on it. My wife and I just looked at each other. Getting in the room everything seemed fine. Other than having to set the time on all the clocks, clean the hairs and black particulates from the hot tub, and warm the room from the 62 degrees it was set to. Getting ready for bed I discovered that the bed sunk in the middle, was hard as a rock and the pillows flattened to almost nothing. I went down to the desk and asked for 2 extra pillows to try to keep our heads off the bed. The same clerk that checked us in advised that there is a bag in the closet that has a pillow and a blanket in it. I thanked her and reiterated that I needed 2 pillows. She said to check the bag and let her know by phone if we needed anything else. Of course, there was only one pillow. When i called down to the desk to once again ask for a pillow she advised she would see what she could do about "scrounging" up anothed one. I didnt mean to inconvience her by asking her to do her job.The only great thing about our stay was the breakfast and breakfast staff. I don't think we were overly picky about our stay but we won't be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off of Interstate 83 and Union Deposit Road, the Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg, PA hotel offers comfortable, spacious accommodations in a prime location. Just minutes from Hersheypark, Giant Center, downtown Harrisburg and Harrisburg International Airport, our Harrisburg lodging features an indoor pool and whirlpool, a Fitness Center and Business Center. With our quality accommodations, signature hospitality and world-class services, guests at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Harrisburg have an enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit Hotel Harrisburg
- Country Inn And Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit
- Country Inn Harrisburg