Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very comfortable rooms”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed with a group of students for a competition trip for 4 days. Rooms were VERY comfortable, shower was great, room was very clean, no complaints for the room! Best room I have had in a long time. Breakfast had a great selection and the lobby offered a book lending shelf, which I haven't seen before. We struggled a bit finding a different restaurant for each night (the area is a little confusing, but I'm sure we could have found more if we were more savvy). I did not personally use any of the amenities (gym, pool, etc) but very comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us here at the Country Inns & Suites on Union Deposit Road. The front desk staff will be more than willing to provide you with a restaurant guide of the immediate areas as well as neighboring areas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Hebrew first
Green, Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent place! Absolutely NO complaints! Very neat and clean. Our room was awesome!
Breakfast was good and they have a lot to choose from. If I ever have to come back to Harrisburg I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a double room with 2 queen sized beds, TV, microwave, little fridge and a little coffee maker...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel. As you mentioned the front desk is staffed 24 hours. The front desk is stocked with extra ammenities such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razors, toothbrushes, etc. As well as restaurant guides if you are not familiar with the area. Our breakfast has a rotating four week schedule and we try to accomodate our guests to the best ability that we can.
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are always clean and fresh, that makes for a great nights sleep away from home.

Never hesitate to ask for something if you need it, the front desk is very accommodating

Breakfast is a step up from the normal
Continental breakfast. Make your own waffles, omlets pre-made, fruit and yogurt.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel, as you mentioned the front desk is staffed 24 hours. The front desk is stoced with extra ammenities such as; shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razors, toothbrushes, etc. as well as restaurant guides if you are not familiar with the area. Our breakfast has a rotating four week schedule and we try to accomodate our guests to the best ability that we can.
Old Forge, NY
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Check in was fast and friendly. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet! Modern furniture, flat screen tv, immaculate CLEAN bathroom. I will stay at this hotel again next trip to Harrisburg. It is conveniently located near some great restaurants as well, please be sure to read my review of the Texas Roadhouse restaurant, which is close by. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel! 5 STARS*****

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the excellent review on our hotels location. I really do appreciaete the five stars. Our brands goal is to make our guests feel right at home.
Rocky Mount, NC
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We decided to stay at this location on a family trip to Hershey. It was very affordable, clean and convenient to Hershey without paying the higher prices to stay in Hershey. You are a quick and easy ten minute drive to Hershey. It appeared many other families use this location during visits to Hershey as well because there were lots of families present. We always felt safe and comfortable. Room was always clean. The hotel itself appeared relatively new. The free continental breakfast was honestly one of the best I have ever experienced. They offered hot items such as breakfast burritos. There was an indoor pool which the kids enjoyed. There are several restaurants in the area if needed. The only negative comment I have, which resulted in the 4 out of 5 rating, deals with the soundproofing of the rooms. You could hear from the rooms around you, especially above. One night we were called by the front desk because of a loud noise complaint from the room below. First, this was a Saturday night about 9:45PM, and there were several gatherings/loud noise in the rooms around us, but I guess we were singled out as the culprits. Second, I will be the first to admit if the kids are loud or out of control, but this was actually a great night because they were exhausted from Hershey all day. Anyway, we spent the remainder of the night tiptoeing around the room whispering. Other than this one issue, everything else was great.

Room Tip: If the hotel is not crowded, ask to stay away from other guests, or ask to stay on the top floor, t...
Rodman, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm starting this review possibly a little biased, I have stayed at several CI&S and I just love this hotel chain. I think the little extra like the cookies and coffee in the lobby all day are just a great perk. The also have a great rewards program. My family stayed at this particular hotel over Easter weekend. The room was a good size we had the 1 room suite which has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch, perfect for a family of 4. The room had 2 tvs which is perfect for my 2 teens. Wifi was fast. I also liked that our room had a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were very comfortable. they also include 2 sets of extra pillows and blankets in the closet. the pool and the hot tub were both very nice and there were plenty of towels available. The complementary breakfast was great. Great selection with Sausage and biscuits, Hash browns, eggs, muffins, waffles, etc. They also had an attendant that refilled items as they depleted. Check out was very speedy. As always CI&S was a great stay and I will continue to use this chain in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
The stadd at Country Inns & Suites on Union Deposit Road appreciates your positive feedback on our hotel, I know that our breakfast stadd will definately appreaciate this review,
Marlboro, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were in the area for a family vacation. The hotel is right off of I83, very easy to find. There are restaurants and a grocery store very close to the hotel. There were cookies and coffee in the lobby when we checked in. I had signed up for an "upgrade" when I made my reservation. During check-in, the upgrade was not mentioned. I mentioned it, and staff was unsure what I meant. Even showing them the copy of the email was not helpful. Eventually we were told we had the upgraded room--turns out we didn't (but we didn't get charged).

The room met our needs, although the heating/cooling did a lot of heating (even after we turned it off!). The room had a microfridge and a microwave. Soundproofing would have helped--the sounds of feet walking overhead and by our door during the day and night seemed very loud compared to other hotels.

The free hot breakfast was well-done during the week (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, fruit and yogurt, bagels, etc.) but on Saturday the quality dropped--paper plates, plastic cups, and plastic utensils instead of plates, glasses, and silverware; no fruit to be seen the 4 times we stopped in looking for some; and the baked goods selection was spare (no English muffins or bagels). Perhaps the volume of people staying overwhelmed the hotel.

The pool, business center, and exercise room were comfortable. The parking was adaquate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family