Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our second time staying here on Fathers Day weekend with our boys travel baseball team and once again, this hotel was a home-run!Super clean, spacious rooms, attentive, cheerful staff and a location close to several big, chain steakhouses that the hungry ballplayers love. We will return.

Room Tip: The rooms here are very quiet. Solid walls!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank thebigdoggsez
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our family of three spent one night here. It is easy to find next to a highway interchange, though the area consists of strip shopping centers and fast food restaurants. The hotel itself was very clean, quiet and nicely furnished. The staff was pleasant. We had no issues with anything. Even the outside of the windows were clean! We enjoyed watching the sunset over the mountains from our third floor room. Our room faced the local road rather than the highway and was very quiet. Didn't even hear other guests. We did not use the pool or fitness room, so can't comment on them. The breakfast was simple but adequate. We enjoyed the waffles. Coffee, tea and cookies were available in the lobby at all times. Hope everyone has as pleasant a stay as we did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MDBPA
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

We are glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with us and we look forward to having you stay at our location again.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had never stayed at this chain before, it was alright, room was clean and comfortable, I think it was a wheelchair accessible room as everything was down kinda low, I had to hang my dress off the top of the door because the hangers were all so low- not complaining just letting you know that this room wasn't really meant for both. We had a jacuzzi in our room which really came in handy after all the walking at Hershey...haha ( although I thought it was kinda weird that the shower/tub had so many handholds and low entrance and bathing stool, but the jacuzzi did not have a single handicap accessible feature not even one handhold). The fridge was broke and I told the front desk, but it was not fixed or even addressed as far as I know- they did not contact us about it the entire time we were there, and we just made do without it. This chain was ok, but I think I prefer the warmth and quality of service that we recieve at the Holiday Inns and Hamptons.

Room Tip: I have no idea how you could get a better room, after reading some of the other reviews of this part...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DDavis61
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Let me get the negatives out of the way first. On my drive up I called to find out when check in time was. I provided my name and the confirmation number given to me when I initially booked the room and the receptionist said I was not found in their system. I was very confused & assumed I called the wrong country inn but after double checking my notes this was in fact the correct one. I have no clue what happened but I was able to make a new reservation. The room here was very clean, spacious, and well stocked. The fridge is a good size. I really enjoy the complimentary coffee/tea/apples/oranges/cookies. The pool is very nice and the temperature was fantastic! The only negative comment I can make is that the filters need cleaning as there is visible mold on them and the jacuzzi as well needs a good scrub. The complimentary breakfast is hearty and satisfying. Overall, I'm very satisfied with our decision to stay here & highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were met with fresh cookies, coffee and a very pleasant staff member.
Check in was a breeze. We were a tad early, but the room was ready.
Our room was clean and fresh smelling. The decor was modern and relatively new.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The temperature and room air were excellent for a hotel.
Ample parking spaces.
Breakfast was sufficient and plenty of spaces, even thought there were a lot of guests.
I'll be staying there again when in Harrisburg.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CackieP
mkrotulski, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had to stay in Harrisburg one night for some business. Being a CI patron we checked around and found this one on Union Deposit--wonderful. Close to the Burg, very accommodating regarding our room. We had a room on the lower level near the pool, one of only three or four on that floor. Quiet and comfy. All the usual Country Inn amenities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PAnomad4
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while driving from Florida to upstate NY. It was easy to find, conveniently located, and a great restaurant near by. Check in was easy, front desk personel was friendly and effecient. My room was clean, comfortable and internet was free. Nice spacious room, king size pillow-top bed, All the amenities of home, microwave, fridge, large TV set. I will stay here again on my next trip! On a side note: There is a fantastic restaurant called Texas Roadhouse right near this hotel. (Please see my review of it)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from families traveling with children.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo