“Do not bring your family here!!!!”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everything was terrible staff have bad attitude room smelled terrible the toilet was clogged with crap we complained staff wanted to just clean it up instead of switching rooms I demanded to have a different room so they gave us a different room it had an unpleasant moldy smell the shower barely had water pressure barely any hot water hallway smelled like cigarettes the coffee maker was next to the toilet that hotel is in definite need in upgrades

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rosatati2

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family was on vacation and we had just driven 500 miles and was anxious to get to our room. When we entered our room, the smell was terrible. We soon found out the room did not have any wifi, and the front desk did not have any ether cords. The attitude was very poor. Then latter that night our room was invaded with ants! We had scheduled two nights, but checked out early in the morning. I actually made a reservation for the next night at 1:00Am because of the problems we experienced. In the morning, we did not have any water pressure and the water was cold, so much for a shower!! Again when I went to the front desk, their attitude was very indifferent. So stay away from this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Redeamed82
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I realize the new owners took over a distressed property--and they are trying but need to do a little better on cleaning the bathrooms the tub surround as well as the shower curtain had mold on them. The air conditioner did not work well the first night--we told the front desk and it was fixed for the second night

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bklockSaintMarysPa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have stayed at other hotels with similar or better value, but this one was the worst. We rented three rooms for our extended family for three nights, and this is a summary of all three rooms.
1. Tub water was dirty, and the toilet kept getting clogged.
2. Sheets were all over the place when we came back to the room around 5 pm, as if someone had left in the middle of cleaning. Waited patiently after being told we were next, but had to still go get them an hour later after no one came.... apparently, they had forgotten,
3. Worst of all, my expensive perfume was stolen. I left the perfume out of my bag in a hurry, but when I came back, it was gone. I should have been more careful, yes, but they still should not have stolen in the first place.
4. AC was not working properly in all of the rooms.
Please choose a different place for a similar value, this was not a good experience.

Room Tip: Just go elsewhere, and keep an eye on your stuff.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SamShaz
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I got a good deal on this as I was driving home to Pittsburgh from Newark after an international flight and wanted to drive half way. I had booked this in advance and arrived at 6pm. Mine and many other rooms had not yet been cleaned although the hotel was booked solid. Anyway, the front desk was very nice and gave me the keys to my room. Well, like others I got to my room and it was filthy. The bed had not been changed. Towels on the floor, chewing tobacco in the waste cans and a couch that looked like it came from a frat house. i went down to the desk and to their credit they gave me another room with no trouble when I pointed out the problems. with the room. That room was very nice, although the coffee maker was there, but the coffee pot was missing. I would have given the experience a "Poor" but for the breakfast. The people running this were brilliant. They were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure everyone was taken care of i a very good way. This and the service at the front desk saved the day. However, the dirty room was a definite turn off. While I appreciate that they made right the problems and had a good breakfast, I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book that they have the room ready at 3pm as they are supposed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pugachev1
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My colleague and I stayed for two nights in early June. Total AAA rate for the two nights, with two beds, no smoking, was $136, including tax. We had a first floor room with two doors, one directly to the parking lot, the other just off the lobby. When we asked, the staff brought in a combo microwave/mini refrigerator, no extra charge. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the WiFi was ok. We saw there was a pool, and my colleague used the fitness room. We saw there was a breakfast room with a decent selection of food, as well as a microwave and hot pot available 24/7 in the lobby. The motel is very well situated, just off route 81, on North Progress Avenue, which is a short distance from Linglestown Road, with a terrific Giant supermarket. In short, we had a good experience in a standard motel, at an excellent rate, so I'm rating 4 stars, one extra for the value received.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family rented the Spacious "Apartment" Suite because we have 7 people in the family. When we arrived to check in, we were greeted by a friendly agent at the front desk. We were very excited and anxious to get to our room because we all were tired after driving 9 hours. Upon entering the "suite" we found the entire suite to be the most disgusting, unsafe, unsanitary room I have ever seen. There were exposed electrical wires hanging from the ceilings and out of the walls where switches should be. For curtains on the windows, they used bath towels. The air conditioning units in neither of the 2 rooms did not work as the tv's only got 1 or 2 channels. The TV's were from the 1990's and did not have remote controls. As far as the bathroom, it had nasty little creepy bugs in the shower. At this time, we went to the front desk and told the clerk that this was not going to work for us and we needed to be moved to a cleaner, safer room. He flat out told us that he would never rent the room to anyone, however he did just check us into the room 15 minutes prior. we were looking forward to having a kitchen in our room along with a washer and dryer. We had neither, not even a refrigerator or a microwave. We were put into 2 seperate rooms so my family could not even be together for our vacation. It was a complete disaster. In our new bathrooms, both bathtubs filled with water due to being clogged as we were taking showers. We also received no room cleanings the entire stay, even after complaining to the front desk each and every day, which we stayed 4 nights only because all area hotels were booked. We also were told that we needed to take our own trash out to the dumpster out back when we emptied it. We were in town for a dance competition and everywhere was booked solid. After returning home, 5 days later one of my children had lice eggs in their head. GROSS!!!! The breakfast was not as expected, however I must say that the breakfast service gentleman was very nice and did a great job. He along with the manager Chris were the only positive part of our stay. I most definately would not recommend this property to anyone at this time. We were told that they could be doing some extensive remodeling and possibly new management/owners so if that does happen it could change things for the better. Think before you book on this property. Also, pet policy states that small pets, 20 or 25 pounds are okay. Tell me how and why they allowed a Doberman Pincher in the hotel. It at least was on a leash, while one day my family was in the lobby after breakfast and a Pit Bull came running thru the lobby and it started to growl and ran at my 4 year old son. The front desk girl did not do anything about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family