“Good Activity”

State Museum of Pennsylvania
Ranked #7 of 55 things to do in Harrisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum housing more than two million objects associated with or significant to the history and heritage of Pennsylvania.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a great afternoon out with my wife for only $5 per person. There was plenty to see with three floors of displays and a new area being installed on our visit, which should be open soon.

The museum had more than enough to keep you occupied for a good half a day, perhaps with a coffee in the middle, it was very informative and both me and my wife enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the engineering section with a brief introduction into steam and electrical machines in the area including displays and models of industrial processes. My wife loved the natural science and ecology displays.

1  Thank DaveJWarner

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The PA State Museum is a museum showing some of the history of Pennsylvania. There is enough displays and artifacts one could spend a number of hours here exploring. It's in downtown Harrisburg and next door to the state Capitol building. Only a mile or so from major highways. Free admission. Parking across the street. Definitely a family affair especially for Pennsylvania residents.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to this museum of everything Pennsylvania or in some way relating back to Pennsylvania. We were told the Civil War exhibit was closed because it is being expanded and improved. Something to look forward to on our next visit. If you include the planetarium, this museum could easily take half a day for interested adults to go through and enjoy. There seemed to be some exhibits and areas geared towards children, but I think their time here would be briefer, as there is much to read through and digest. We were pressed for time with a train to catch, but will be happy to return.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Took my 4 year old niece. She loved it, is asking when we can go back.The other levels were well done.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

really good well worth the time, changes themes during the year, while worth going back. great for families