“Stunning interiors and great architecture” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pennsylvania State Capitol

Pennsylvania State Capitol
Ranked #2 of 53 things to do in Harrisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Teddy Roosevelt declared that this Italian Renaissance-style building was “the handsomest building I ever saw”. Indeed, the State Capitol, with its vaulted dome and grand staircase and the murals and painted floors inside, is thing to behold.
Adelaide, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Stunning interiors and great architecture”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was surprised that visitors to the state Capitol are able to move about so freely within this amazing building, although that may not be the case when the government is in session. Visitors are able to wander pretty much anywhere and there is much to see and appreciate.

The main dome especially is filled with stunning murals, and beautiful works of art, while exhibitions are also staged in the main entrance hall/lobby. During my visit the exhibitions focused on the American Civil War, and I enjoyed the artifact on display and the free historical booklets available to visitors.

I was very happy with my visit, and highly recommend adding the Capitol Building to your list of places to visit while in Harrisbury.

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Middletown, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Now I know....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

..... why so many experts say we have the one of the most beautiful Capitals in the country! Wow....

I didn't take the tour but I was blown away by the details everywhere you look. What a great place this must be to go to work every day. Now if only we could actually get our Senators and Representatives to actually show up and make a (good) difference!!!

Visited August 2012
Lancaster PA
“PA State Capitol building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Fabulous architecture, artwork, display of values, sentiment, etc.
One of the most interesting things we've done in a long time.
I'd recommend that every PA citizen vist, and even those from elsewhere would be amazed at the beauty, variety, magnificence of this building.

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Harrisburg Photo Opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Talk about a beautiful piece of architecture! Be sure to stop by the Capitol and then the market nearby if at the end of the week. A great place to practice your photography skills!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One of most beautiful capitol buildings in the nation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our organization hosts two legislative days each year to educate our members on the need to be politicically aware and active. I did research on the building in my graduate work, and am always in awe of its beauty. Pennsylvania can be very proud of our Capitol!

Visited March 2012