“Hershey. PA area”

Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We found this newly renovated inn through a PA Welcome Center advisor. It was easy to locate. The rooms were nicely renovated. Bed was very comfortable. Although it was about at capacity, the room was quiet, and there was no outdoor noise. Staff was polite, knowledgeable and helpful. Indoor pool and exercise area were both excellent. We will definitely stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
hotelbwhbg, Manager at Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and also very glad to have met your expectations. Excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We promise to continue to serve you at our best level. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best. thank you.
Managment

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very nice, appeared new, very clean, staff very nice. Our stay was only one night but we were made to feel welcome. It was a little noisy in the morning when breakfast stared as our room was on the first floor almost across from where they serve breakfast. We did enjoy the pool in the afternoon would has liked later pool hours(closed at 10 pm) to go for a swim when we returned.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We promise to continue to serve you at our best level. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best. thank you.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

the hotel was in a good location and the rooms were incredible. I felt like I spent in a room that cost hundred's of dollars. Beds were incredibly comfortable and staff was very pleasant. By far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we are glad to have met your expectations.
Excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority, and we have taken correct actions in order to not let this occur in the future. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out of our door feeling refreshed and over-joyed.
We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Managment

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was very impressed with how clean the rooms were and how clean they smelled. I have a hard time staying places if I feel they are not to my standards, and you never know until you get there.
Breakfast was nice, nothing over the top but it did the trick and it saved us from buying another meal for the day. The staff was very nice. I forgot my phone charger at home and they lent me one every night I was there. I also had a problem with the door not locking and it was fixed the very next day. (the latch did fine for the night)
CONS:
* pool was small and I had to ask for towels several times
* Internet was very spotty, kicked on...kicked off...it was annoying (even for my cel connection)
* walls/ceilings were very thin...heard everything. BUT, its summer break and families are vacationing. I expected noise. When I did complain about the ppl above us being EXTREMELY LOUD for over an hour...the front desk clerk took care of it right away

Overall, it was a nice stay. I would recommend and stay there again. Just maybe ask for a top floor room

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hotelbwhbg, Manager at Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority, and Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We truly apologize from the bottom of my hearts for any kind of problems you had while you stayed at our hotel. We promise ,If you come back to our hotel we will go above and beyond to serve you and make you happy. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed the week of July 15th. Husband was on a work trip and myself and my 5 year old tagged along. Upon getting into our room, I sat on the bed and with an almighty crack, the bed broke. Husband told the front desk and they did nothing. The entire week, my son slept in a broken bed.

The week of July 15th was terribly hot. Not a shade tree in sight in the parking lot. The car baked in the sun. During the midday hours, the pool is deserted but around 2:30-3:00 and until the pool closes at 10, it's packed and the ground floor is noisy as can be. Also, there is not good padding between the top floor and the room below. We heard EVERYTHING, and I mean... *every* squeaky noise of the couple up above us who sounded like they were on honeymoon.

Breakfast is a gauntlet. Try to get there around 7 AM and you'll avoid the line for the waffle iron, which happens around 7:45. The waffles are the best option as the eggs and sausage are gross looking. Sometimes they have yogurt and cold hardboiled eggs. (I wouldn't, but to each their own). They have danish, muffins and toast/bagel options as well, and cereal and oatmeal. I took my food back to the room to eat.

The beds are hard as can be. At least there's a fridge and microwave and coffeemaker. I also felt the rooms were small, and about New York City-size.

There was mold amongst the wallpaper on top of the shower. I felt the bathrooms were clean enough, and the room was cleaned enough... but it could have been done better. The whole place could be better.

Room Tip: Avoid any room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hotelbwhbg, Manager at Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority, and we have taken correct actions in order to not let this occur in the future. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have discussed the entire situation with our staff and We always go above and beyond to provide our guests with best hospitality We assure you that we will serve you better in the future. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out of our door feeling refreshed and over-joyed.
Lastly we truly apologize from the bottom of my heart for any kind of problems you had while you stayed at our hotel but We promise ,If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for the manager. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

management

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this place on our way back from NY to TN. The indoor pool is typical, hot and humid to sit at when watching your kid swim. The pool has a capacity of 20, so it is pretty small, though handicap accessible with one of those chair things that can lower a person into the water. The staff is NOT friendly in the least (maybe it is more of the fact that I am female and the front desk males may not appreciate women that aren't cleaning). I had went to breakfast at 6:30 and he was still setting up. Never once greeted me and nearly ran into me at one point. I sat there for well over an hour too, though he did greet a gentlemen that walked out to get some food. The food choices weren't the greatest and by 8:30 were getting pretty slim pickings (I wasn't eating the whole time the party I was with are late risers). There was a waffle iron and sausage and eggs, hot coffee, mini muffins, danish and raisin bran, frosted flakes and special k (not great kids choices), plus yogurt, milk and juice. It is also in an extremely small area with not a lot of seating compared to the size of the hotel itself. And maybe that would be no big deal if there was a restaurant close but there is NOT a place you can even walk to from there on this extremely busy road with a median in the middle.
The bed wasn't really comfy (though I had stayed in a Spring Hill Suites prior and those were awesome) and when we were packing up we found a SAUSAGE on the floor up by the bed that who knows how long it has been laying there for.

Room Tip: Get to the breakfast early for a good seat and the most choices. The other customers are taking your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority, and we have taken correct actions in order to not let this occur in the future. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have discussed the matter with our entire staff and we will make sure this does not happen in the future. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out of our door feeling refreshed and over-joyed.
Lastly we truly apologize from the bottom of my heart for all the problems you had while you stayed at our hotel but We promise ,If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for the Manager. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2013

thank you for everything. the trip was a good trip. my father and mother and I had to go to Hershey medical center for the day for a cardiologist appointment for surgery on his heart. we enjoyed being there but not for the occasion. the breakfast was pretty good as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
hotelbwhbg, Manager at Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we are happy to have met your expectations.
Excellent service and cleanliness is our number one priority and Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out of our door feeling refreshed and over-joyed. We will continue to serve you as best as possible in future.
Lastly we would like to thank you for your business and kindness. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

management