“Very cozy and relaxing.....”
Review of Inn of the Dove

Ranked #3 of 7 Harrisburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I have been trying to get away for a while and decided with 3 kids we needed a weekend away but needed to be closer to home. We chose the "inn of the dove" primarily because of location, and the fact that we would have a whirlpool to ourselves. We were very surprised once we entered our room after reading some of these reviews again the night before we left, we stayed in the Deluxe Whirlpool Suite... The room was clean, didn't have any weird or unpleasant odors that made us think twice about whether to stay or not. The bed linens were fresh and the bed was very comfortable, the whirlpool was clean and the water was clear, the double head shower was very spacious.

We only noticed a couple things that should be LOOKED into:

- The ceiling in the shower back away from the shower heads the paint was starting to peel.
- The toilet seemed to be loose from the floor it moved when you sat down, also the toilet ran and you had to jiggle the handle to get it to stop, might want to fix that before you have a flooded room on your hands....
- Last thing, and it isn't a big thing but having 3 children a husband and wife find it hard to enjoy an Adult movie every now and then, I didn't think the Adult Channels were very appealing maybe updating those channels with some more modern Adult pay channels would be good.

Overall we had a great time and we would go back......

Room Tip: recommend the Deluxe Whirlpool Room.....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking time to reflect your visit to the Inn of the Dove,Harrisburg.Feedback is always healthy.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed at Inn of the Dove.We appreciate all your suggestion and certain points which you have mentioned is taken care off.We look forward to welcoming you back.
Thanking you,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I have a business and 3 kids we work all the time so we needed to have a nice romantic night. Perfect place when you look at it on the internet. All excited we finally get there check in and begin to notice people coming and going. Ok this wasn't what I expected but ok. So we open the door to go up to our room and get this awful smell right in our face. Ok maybe just the hall. Open the door try turning lights on but only half of the rooms lights work. We look at the wall and stains and dirt all over. Counter sticky, chips and dirt on the carpet. This point we were afraid to look in the shower but we open the door to total disgust. Try to wash our hands at the sink and no hot water. Ok what to do we ask. Tried getting a new room anywhere but none available. We ended up sleeping with our cloths on, needless to say I was in tears realizing we were staying at an hourly rate hotel. People here go there do what they need and leave. Told the management and his response was" o sorry next time we will make it better." I was speechless and just amazed how they are still in business and how we could let them come over here, give them money for a business and have them think it is ok to be this filthy and charge 180.00. Yes the worst experience of my life I would have to say. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Jaclyn201

Dear guest,
I want to thank this guest for their feedback.We always appreciate feedback from our valued guest.
We were disappointed to learn about your experience and had notified our head housekeeper of your comments so that issue was investigated.I sincerely apologize that none of the important aspects of your stay were acceptable.No complain was made at the front desk during the stay. Guest complained at the time of check out.Had you expressed your concerns known at the time of your stay,we would have gladly shown you another room or tried to have come to an amicable solution.I hope that guest would return and give us one more chance to serve them.
Thanking you,

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took wife for romantic night for valentines day, Rooms look nice on internet pictures but somewhat run down and smelly. Felt more like a cheap hotel but with more amenities (hot tub and large 2 head shower and bistro table). Overall my wife felt so uncomfortable that if she was not so tired we would have left without sleeping there for the night. For the price we expected much more.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hjv98
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking a time to write a review.We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
Guest satisfaction is our prime concern.Had you expressed your concerns known at the time of
your stay,we would have gladly shown you another room.Our prices were higher due to Valentines day week end otherwise they are much lower.
We assure you that all of our suites are very clean and We hope that the guest would return and give us one more chance to serve them.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday. I would not recommend this place to anyone!! I clean house for a living and know what the standards are. I wouldn't have any jobs if I cleaned like they do!!! The room was very gross!! The bathroom floor had dirty snow foot prints and a spiderweb directly across from the toilet (clearly visible)!! The toilet didn't look like it had been cleaned in a while and the toilet hardly flushed!! The tv has never been moved to be dusted under. All of the mirrors were only cleaned up to a certain point (guess they don't have stools available to stand on)!?! And then there was the jacuzzi, which looks gross, but i confirmed it was only stains but I'm thinking some soft scrub could fix that. So we fill the jacuzzi and get in only to totally be grossed out by a ton of rust floaters in the tub with us!!!! I have pics but can't seem to find a place to upload them to. The only good things I can say is the lady that checked us in was very nice, rooms were private and the bed was very cozy.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to write a review.Feed back is always healthy. The management and staff at Inn of the Dove are very disappointed reading this review.Everyone at this location works very hard to ensure that guest enjoy their stay at this place.Each room is checked by head house keeper and maintenance.We have notified director of housekeeping of your comments.
No mention of any issues was given at checkout nor did the guest call at the front desk to complain.We would have been happy to address any issues or move the guest to a different suites if they had wanted.We hope that you will give us a chance in the future to provide you with a guest experience that exceeds your expectation.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed in the pool suite and found our room clean and inviting. My husband and I are older and were looking for a night away to be alone since our college age child moved back. We found the staff friendly and our private suite was just what we were looking for. The pool room was colder than we'd of liked, but it was single digits outside. We will definitely consider Inn of the Dove Harrisburg for our next getaway.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay at inn of the Dove,Harrisburg.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed in pool suite.We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is our second and last visit to the Harrisburg location. The inn is dated, there is no denying this fact, however...some attention to detail would make a huge difference. Without exception, any repairs that have been made are cheap, cheezy, and of poor craftsmanship. Housekeeping was atrocious; dirt under the table and chairs because the housekeeper was too lazy, or simply did not know to move these items. The whirlpool was dirty, we cleaned it ourselves before we used it, and there were stains on the sheets! How is it right, in anybodies mind, to see the linen is stained, but use it anyway...once again, perhaps they were too lazy to go back for clean sheets? (It is for this reason that we bring our own sheets wherever we go.) This place may be okay if you're worried more about catching something from your date, more-so than from the accommodations, however you would be better off spending your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank I_am_tired_and_broke

Dear Guest,
We are disappointed to learn about your experience .We apologize that your stay was not nearly up to the standards that we strive to provide our guests.No complain was made at the front desk.
Had you expressed your concerns at the time of your stay ,we would have gladly shown you another room or tried to have come to an amicable solution.everyone at this location works very hard to ensure that guest enjoy their stay at this place.I hope that the guest would return and give us one more chance to serve them.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had not been back to Harrisburg for a long time. So, when my one year anniversary was coming up I decided to take my husband to the city I used to live in and show him around. Actually, I used to live right around the corner from the Inn. I read several reviews after our visit; the rooms may not be as "updated" as everyone wishes, but the Inn definitely served its purpose — a little romance! (We did not have any bugs or rodents either!) Being our anniversary I had plans to take my husband to a nice dinner in the city, so I wore my diamond earrings. At some point during the weekend I lost an earring. I didn't notice it until I was getting ready to leave on Sunday and I ripped the room apart trying to find it. I was hysterical because the earrings were the last gift I received from my father before he passed away. I was crying my eyes out when we checked out and the wonderful lady at the counter assured me that if they found it they would call me. We had been all over the city that weekend, I could have lost it anywhere. I thought for sure it was gone forever. Not even a month later I received a call from the Inn. They remove all the furniture and shampoo the carpets regularly. The cleaning lady found it and turned it in. I CANNOT THANK HER ENOUGH OR THE INN FOR EMPLOYING SUCH HONEST PEOPLE!! The earrings mean more to me than any amount of money. Thank you Inn of the Dove!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SoccerTracey

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful feed back with us.The staff and management is delighted to know that you had the best experience .Everyone at this location works very hard to ensure that guest enjoy their stay at this place.We thank you for your recommendation and look
Forward to welcoming you back.