“Not an A rated inn”

Inn of the Dove
Ranked #3 of 7 Harrisburg B&B and Inns
“Not an A rated inn”
Reviewed March 28, 2004

Room appeared clean, but looks are deceiving. Tub was in poor repair and couldn't get hot water for an hour. Plywood surrounded tub, poor appearance. Mold on walls and floor in bathroom and shower areas. Looks like a mold claim waiting to happen. Not worth the money!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed March 16, 2004

We received a night at the Inn as a gift from friends. The carpet was covered in soot, there was dirt in the whirlpool, and mold around the swimming pool. There was mysterious black gunk on the mirror above the whirlpool, there was also confetti (left over from the last guests?) around the pool. The pool also looked like it had algae in it. It was absolutely disgusting.

We called the front desk to ask for another room. The assistant manager, Jody, claimed the room was clean because she inspected herself. She came to the room and claimed that the whirlpool, mirror, and pool were just run down and were cleaned the best that they could, however my husband removed the dirt with a piece of toilet paper. Her response was "well, this is what my guests do to my rooms". She was incredibly rude, didn't offer us another room until we asked, and then still wouldn't give us a discount on the second room (which wasn't any better than the first).

We left the hotel with a refund for our friends. It's pretty bad when a room is so disgusting and the management is so rude that you won't even stay there for free.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2004

My Husband surprised me with a night away from the kids ~ what a great time! He told me he had purchased the romance package and I'm so glad he did! There were roses, candlelight and right in front of the fireplace, a private table for two. The dishes were very elegant and the meal was served in our room so we didn't have to go out and wait in line anywhere-we ate dinner in the bathrobes they provided us with for our stay. Definately a must for a couple hungry for some alone time!!!!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2004

everything was beautiful!! the dinner pkg was delicious and was soooo romantic served in front of the fireplace in our room...

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 3, 2004

we went to the dove in harrisburg in jan.2004 and it was awful our hot tub was broke. our one shower didnt work dirty gloves behind our heater vent . light bulbs hanging out of the wall. it was our third time. it was the worst and they never replied to me when i told them.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2004

My husband and I were very, very disappointed in our room. We have been guests four times prior to this past weekend, and always thought the place was nice. However, three years can make a differnence. The room was disgusting. The carpets were dirty and stained, as well as the throw rugs. The bathroom floor and all the baseboards were in desperate need of cleaning. You didn't want to get out of the whirlpool and have to walk on the carpets in your bare feet. We won't be back.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2004

Inn of the Dove Harrisburg is a great escape! My husband and I went there for New Years Eve and we didn't want to leave! The room was excellent, big spacious whirlpool tub and movies and a fireplace..the package included a beautiful tray of meat and chees and shrimp. The staff members were so sweet (I don't remember their names, but the two girls who work in the office) were the nicest most professional people I have ever encountered in the hospitality industry. I will tell all of my friends that this place is one for lovers! In regards to all of the other reviews, they are very unjust! Take my advise, stay here!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member