“Wonderful Week End”

Felicita Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We visited this resort with 20 family members including older adults, and young children. The pool was great for kids. The adults enjoyed the spa which was very clean and the staff very accomodating. The banquet meal we arranged ahead of time was served in a lovely room. The front desk staff is sparse; some of our guests were picked up at the airport and some were not--possibly mis-communication. The garden tour by the owner was long, but outstanding in depth. The gardens are beautiful. The only complaint was the air conditioning in the rooms--way to noisy. The restaurant by the golf course is a little far which leaves only one restaturant somewhat nearby. All in all, our family really enjoyed the week end. The golf was fine too for some who played.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank SAL0940
FelicitaMgr, Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Sal0940,

We thank you for your honest review of Felicita. I'm happy your family enjoyed our outdoor pool and spa. It sounds like your time away was relaxing and filled with fun! As the manager at Felicita, I strive to make every guest's stay enjoyable. I'm thrilled you took a Garden tour! It's one of the many aspects of the Resort that people can enjoy! I hope you will come back to see us again!

Reviewed November 21, 2010

If you like the early 90's this is the place for you!! I just stayed their for the package escape and I cannot believe they advertise it as a Spa. The spa is so outdated and the Tavern restaraunt lacks ZERO ambience. We are local and thought we would give it a try since I had heard mixed reviews. THe GM needs to be fired and all the other staff that report to him. He should be ashamed that he is running a beautiful property into the ground which has great potential. I have no idea who/she is but who ever is in charge they need to be fired. The steak tavern was a joke. The steak wasn't even cooked properly, vegetables cold and they forgot to order Potatoes so the didn't have any. We were there on a Saturday night and only 2 other tables were occupied...RED FLAG!! It was a Saturday. The wine selection in minimal if you are lucky. We left there feeling like we were "Punked". I spent literally $550 dollars for a resort that was in the early 90's that needs updated, trained staff and better ambience. The SPA was a joke. They had LITTLE DEBBIE snack cakes in the Pedicure/Manicure room..I really was looking around for a camera it was so bad. THe Breakfast was just as bad which we didn't even eat, We went to the tavern and had a hot breakfast which made us both sick. The continental breakkfast had bagels wrapped in saran wrap which ok, I will let that go, but a tub of cream from Giant next to it? Seriously, how about individually wrapped cream cheese, get a water container from Costco and put some Lemon in water. SOMETHING!! Bad ambience. I would suggest the owner head to BEDFORD SPA and Resort to get some ideas from a Local Spa. I wasn't expecting Hotel Hershy BUT come on HARRISBURG get some class and run this restaurant and spa like a real one. It would be great to actually have a nice place to have a get away in the area. This is not the place. Staff was friendly and nice and I sure they make a bunch of cash for weddings but I can't imagine the food being to creative. You are paying for the location. If I was from NY,NJ, WV or VA. Beware this is not up to standards for a Spa Resort.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank dais10
FelicitaMgr, Front Office Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dais10,
I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Felicita. Our Tavern has been raved about by previous guests and locals and our Spa commits to the highest level of performance. Sadly, we cannot accommodate to everyone's taste. This is personally the first complaint I've ever heard about the food at the Tavern and I will make sure to address these issues with Food and Beverage Department. Thank you for making me aware. I can assure you that the snack cakes in the Manicure room have since been removed and Breakfast items have been changed. Felicita Staff is sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your time here.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I arrived on Sat. to meet up with my wife whom had spent the night in order to get up early to do the Bridal Parties hair. I have to say that I never had heard of Felicita until 2 months prior to the wedding. The place is downright gorgeous! After my wife had finished her 6 hours of updo's, we headed towards the lodge to drop off a few things and change cloths and head to the wedding. We desided on the way to the lodge to sneak a peek at the Italian Gardens where the wedding was to be held. Once we found it, our mouths hit the ground. What a beautiful and breathetaking place to have a wedding at. Fountains, Statues and nicely groomed grounds surrounded a courtyard that I have only seen on TV. The place was just amazing with it. Once we changed we headed to the wedding and the ceremony was just as beautiful as the place it was being held at. Once the wedding was over, we had time to roam the grounds and take more in. If your reading this and know of someone looking for a place to get married at, I seriously think they could check this place out. The reception hall or conference room was huge and the staff was amazing. Though the only complaint that I heard the whole night was that some of the drinks were a bit stronger than what the consumers where used too, it didn't stop them from going back for more. Oh and the food was superb. One note though, my wife and I attended the wedding party buffet before we headed home on Sunday and the Potatoes and Fruit on the buffet tables sure looked like left overs from the night before.
All in all ,We were very pleased with our stay at Felicita and would go back in a heartbeat. Great Staff, Beautiful grounds and Good food made for a delightful stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank troy6
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My friends and I did a weekend trip to Felicita. The staff was very helpful and polite. The property was very peaceful and beautiful. The room was very clean and comfortable. My friends and I had a great relaxing time! I would definetely recommend Felicita! Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Visited Felicita with my wife and friends. We got their $369 package. A/C in a room was super noisy, it was imposible to fall asleep or even watch TV. My friends had exactly same issue. They called front desk. After some time, technician showed up and told them that there is nothing that he can do, it was just an old unit. A/C in my room was even worse. In addition to that it was off when we got in the room and it took over 2 hours to get temp down to 80 degrees. I called front desk and they agreed to give me another room. I told them that I wasted 2 hours out of the day that I paid $369 for, so they comped my room. When I was checking out they deducted only $28. Unfriendly frontdesk person explained to me that in my package my room costs only $28. I am sure that if they were comping spa, then they would tell me that my room costs $200 and spa $28. I ask her if I want to rent a room for another night would she rent it to me for $28 and she said- no. I was reallly disappointed by their dishonesty and decided not to argue anymore. Second room A/C was as noisy as first one but at least it worked little better. It seems that A/C units in all rooms are cheap and old. When I turned off A/C in my room, I heard units in neighboring rooms. Us and our friends were sleep deprived. If they are charging $369 for you to have a relaxing day they need to ensure that you at least can have a peaceful sleep. And crediting only $28 for complementsary room was beyond reasonable.

4  Thank yarik12

Yarik12,
Thank you for trying Felicita. I'm dissapointed that your friends and yourself did not have a great time. As far the A/C units, they can get noisy. We have noticed serveral complaints about the A/C Units and are in the process of fixing the problem. The package prices are heavily discounted and at the time of your stay, this was the Lodging portion of that package, the Front Desk Agent wasn't lieing. If you enjoyed your spa services and would like to come again, without staying overnight - the Escape for the Day might be the best way to go!

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Three of us do a "girl's getaway" every summer. One of my friends comes in from Thailand, the other from Virginia. I was in charge of getting some fun plans together, so I considered Felicita Resort. In APRIL, I booked, reserved and paid online and also spoke on the phone with staff. We finalized plans for a room in the lodges for three nights and were all set for a July 8, 9, 10 visit. NOT.

In early JUNE, I got a phone call from a Felicita resort staff telling me there was "A PROBLEM" with our reservation. They had a big wedding already planned for the dates I had paid for and would not be able to give us a room. I was LIVID to say the least. They offered us lodging at a chain hotel near Harrisburg (that was not at all appealing to me...) What POOR managing. What POOR business practices. I was so disgusted, all I wanted was my deposit refunded, which I did receive. The staff I spoke with on the phone were polite but non-accomodating and inadequately informed about their own lack of managing skills. NO, I will NEVER reccommend this place to anyone. But i will have a story to tell about Un-Felicita...

5  Thank kbowling137
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Two girlfriends and I wanted to meet 1/2 between Ohio and MA to celebrate a birthday milestone and enjoy some time away from our busy stressful lives. We all work FT and manage businesses. We booked our room (5 months ahead) and spa services (2 months) well in advance, however they 'lost" our spa service reservations for the 1st day we were there and had to reschedule us for an appointment 3 hrs later. Then we had to wait between services b/c they had double booked other clients. Our pedicure were fine-- nothing special, but nice enough staff. An inconvenience but workable.

The night we ate at the Tavern (at the recommendation of the front desk over the Grille), we were informed there was no cocktail or wine lists and they only served Woodbridge wines. Disappointing.... food was ok- very quiet atmosphere but truly disengaged boring service. Thank heavens for the coupon we could use for $10 off each dinner- made it more bearable.

Our room was clean, but fridge didnt work properly and we didnt have enough towels. And the a/c unit was extremely loud when it turned on and off every few minutes-- making it difficult to sleep.

The continental breakfast was fair at best-- cold cereal, pre-packaged muffins and bagels and some juices. Coffee was available 2 out of 3 mornings. Out of luck on the 3rd. And even though there were "please observe our whisper policy" signs posted throughout the area, it was quite loud and no attempt was made to enforce the quiet policy.

The kicker to our weekend, was a massage one of us received! She had requested a "therapeutic massage" for 90 mins.She ended up with bruises all along her lower back area from incorrect technique. No one should ever walk away with ~~bruisies~~.Horrible purple yellow bruises-- we took pics and also physically showed staff the damage. When this situation was brought to Mgmt's attention, it was dismissed and we were left waiting for a resolution for over 2 hours! No one knew what to do except give her ice packs.(One mgr Lauren seemed to understand our frustration and tried to assist) But no offers of apologies, concessions, from the spa assistant or mgr. Since this was completely unacceptable, I contacted the GM via email (I was told he wasnt available via phone) and was informed "there was nothing he could do." but he'd look into it. Great-- but that does absolutely nothing for us! Its more than 36 hrs later and there has been no attempt to contact us to resolve the issue. Truly a poorly run organization with no member of Mgmt empowered to take control and act in the guest's best interest. Customer Service 101.

My friends and I travel regularly, domestically and internationally.We have large networks and will be sure to share our horrendous experience at Felicita with our family, friends and colleagues. I am DISGUSTED!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends