My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a night to celebrate out anniversary. We had looked at the Hershey hotel, but couldn't justify spending over 1,000 on one night. We selected the package at felicita that included spa services and dinner. The spa was good - however due to one person calling off, the entire schedule was messed up and there were some angry individuals voicing their opinion. I got a facial and a pedicure that were very good and not as expensive as I anticipated. A three course dinner was included in the package and I changed into a nice dress for the meal. When we got to the restaurant and discovered it is just the golf lounge with a spinning display of hot dogs, I felt overdressed but went with the flow. The food was simple but good - obvious that the chef cared about the quality of the dishes.
Grounds are very pretty but overgrown. Rooms are clean but outdated. Overall was a good experience but the resort would benefit so much with some investment or advertising. We did not golf as it was raining.
I'm not sure we will go back - the value for the entire stay was the best part but if you are going to spend money, this is not the place to expect perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Felicita is a premiere Pennsylvania resort nestled in the heart of the Blue Mountains near Harrisburg. In Italian, Felicita means "great happiness." Our 650 acre golf and spa retreat is the perfect getaway, ranked by Philadelphia's MainLine Today magazine as a "Best Weekend Getaway," Felicita is unlike any other Pennsylvania resort. Felicita's exclusive garden setting and relaxed atmosphere will allow you to truly leave your worries and cares behind as you're transported to another world.Felicita, a short trip never took you so far away. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Felicita Golf Hotel Harrisburg
- Felicita Hotel Harrisburg
- Felicita Resort Harrisburg