“Nice getaway!”

Felicita Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I went here for a night and I was very pleased! The room was up on the side of a mountain so we did not feel like we were in Harrisburg. The staff was very helpful and nice! Also, walking the gardens was very fun and it was very close to our room. I did not get a chance to golf at the golf course, but it looked very nice as well! If your looking for a nice getaway from work and life I would recommend making a trip to Felicita.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Felicita2010, General Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

First of all, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Second, thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. You are so right, Felicita is a getaway from work and life.

There are newer reviews for Felicita Golf Resort and Spa

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Seems like this place has some potential, but is poorly managed, outdated and not very clean. It kind of has a musty smell and too many stink bugs for my taste.

Room Tip: There are a lot of other hotel choices in the area, I can't think of any that would not be bette...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mary t
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Went to for a day trip to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The resort location couldnt be better. The golf course was wonderful, my wife had a massage that she enjoyed. The food was good. With the foundation this resort has it could be amazing. The facilities could be updated, the spa is nice, but not a relaxing escape. The front desk staff also is spa chack-in. The tavern has a wonderful patio that is under utilize and the food was good but again could have been better. The service was great from the wait staff.

With a few updates and revamping of the service model this place could be a crown jewel of central PA.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JWL0727
Felicita2010, General Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for your sincere remarks about your recent trip. We appreciated you spending your 10th Anniversary with us. I totally agree, our foundation is set and solid and we are striving to be a crown jewel in the Central Pennsylvania area. At times it is difficult, but we work towards our goals everyday.

With help from patrons like you, we will achieve the possibilities.

Again, thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We went to Felicita for a girls weekend getaway and enjoyed the quiet, laid back atmosphere! While we enjoyed the "woodsy" surroundings, we did have more than a few stink bugs in our rooms, which was the only downside to the accomadtions. It is to be expected given the location of the resort! Felicita resort is in a remote area, however we were still able to get a cab into Harrisburg for a night out! The spa services at Felicita were great! We enjoyed mimosas while relaxing in the common areas. David was very attentive and he went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable and memorable!! We recommend Felicita if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of life!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Brinkley1226
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My family won't be staying here again. Rooms have ants and stink bugs (our room did not just have a couple bugs like some others reported in their reviews, and I am not some sort of overly sensitive traveler, but it was pretty gross). We all had trouble sleeping. The gardens are nice enough, but stay somewhere else and come here just for the gardens if you're a real garden lover.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank P M
Felicita2010, General Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

I just returned to the office from scouting every room on the property. I have never said, we do not have stink bugs; rather it is a minor problem that seems to be exaggerated through Tripadvisor posts. Today, my scouting of the rooms netted one encounter with a live stink bug. Though, I didn't capture any ants.

I do apologize for your trouble sleeping. Feel free to join us for Garden Tours throughout the Summer, just call the front desk.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My sister & I went for a spa package weekend. We greatly enjoyed the Spa, the employees were extremely nice, the relaxing areas were very beautiful and they performed our facials and pedicures well. We had a good lunch at the Grille and afterwards walked around the Gardens. We enjoyed the hot tub and just sitting on our balcony overlooking all the nature of the place. The room was clean but you did have some company as far as stink bugs go. It wasn't so bad though (we only killed 5 in our room thru the course of our stay). We had dinner at the Tavern and the employees there were very obliging in making our meal right after 1 return. The staff are great but it is a rustic and natural place so you can't go here expecting the Hotel Hershey for a spa getaway, you need to be in a less formal state of mind and appreciate all the nature of this place. That was the state of mind we came with, so we were not disappointed in anything, they were wonderful making sure we were happy the whole weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Felicita2010, General Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thanks for spending your Girls Weekend at Felicita. And, yes Felicita is as you say relaxing, beautiful ... a less formal state of mind. If you want to really getaway from everything, come here.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good thing we have a sense of humor. For our anniversary, we scheduled the spa getaway package, which included 1 hour massage, plus a pedicure or reflexology session for each person, overnight lodging, and dinner. After we got robbed in practically transparent robes (very embarrassing since there were lots of common areas where you have to wait- I mean I had to cross my arms over my chest the whole time - it was that see-through), they took my husband away for his massage and then told me that I had to wait an hour for my session to begin because they didn't offer prenatal massages (I wasn't aware of that), so I had to choose something else. That was fine, but I had to wait an hour in the common area in my see through robe and look at magazines. I was also secretly glad that the guy told me that he couldn't do the massage because of liaiblity reasons - he was kind of scary looking and I had originally thought he was a maintenance person! I had no idea where they'd taken my husband, but figured they'd tell him that they switched my spa services, so I would be running an hour later than his session. Nope. He finished, had no idea where I was, and ended up waiting for an hour in the waiting room rather than using the steam room, etc., because he thought I'd be finished around the same time as he had. Once we reunited, they gave us our key to the Hemlock lodge so we could check in. We walked in and I immediately saw about 5 stink bugs right away. I was going to kill the bugs, but then I realized how outnumbered we were - we opened the blinds and there were about 50 of them crawling all over the room and ceiling, as well as about 20 dead ones on the carpet. There were also a few big black ants crawling up the walls. Plastic-like 70's bed spread and a TV that was probably from the same decade. We took our bags back to the car, went back to registration and told them we had enjoyed the spa, but we couldn't sleep there because of the bugs. The staff was very friendly, showed no surprise at our report, acknowledged the bug problem, and said that they didn't blame us. They didn't try to convince us to stay or offer to find a bug free room - I'm guessing because none existed and they knew it. Since we weren't going to stay overnight, we then cancelled our dinner also. They took the lodging and dinner portion off of the bill. I know that 20 stink bugs don't just die at the same time - or even over a week's period. This room must not have been cleaned for over a month. So, the spa is mediocre and the lodging is terrible. I had used the golf course about 5 years ago, and as I recall, it was really pretty, esp. with the different flowers, trees, etc. but not well manicured and the course was really sloped. So, if your ball lands in the middle of a fairway, it usually will roll off towards the woods. I forget the length of the course, but it seemed kind of short So, if you're like most people, you won't think this is a "resort" but more like a run down motel with a nice golf course. These rooms are way worse (and dirtier) than a no frills hotel and make a Days Inn look like a palace. If you want to go here, you're best bet is just doing the golf, but even so, there are a lot better courses in the area and I'm not sure if the course is as nice as it was 5 years ago.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Notastinkbuglover
Felicita2010, General Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so long as it is honest. I have looked into this, shall we call it, an incident. While you have some valid points, I will not address them except to say they are being handled.

The "scary" person you refer to as a maintenance man is David. David has worked here for several years and I have come to know him well. He is one of the most kindhearted people I have ever met. Since you immediately judged and pigeon-holed him by appearance, you unfortunately never had the chance to see how wonderful he treats all of our guests. I know David took the incident very personally. As for me, I find it pitiful to judge someone outright based on appearance.

After you left, David went directly to your room to inspect the claim of "50 stink bugs crawling all over the room and ceiling". Based on your description, he was bracing for a scene out of a sci/fi or horror novel. Alas, he was not attacked our swarmed by anything.

Yes, we do have stink bugs; however, it is hardly an invasion. Stink bugs are ugly but harmless. Our forested setting nestled into the side of a mountain is a great environment for all sorts of species of animals, birds and yes insects. While we do treat for various pests, we do not over do the chemical treatments as a tribute to our natural environment. Rather than watching our "70's style tube TV", we would rather you sit on your balcony and watch for deer coming out before dusk settles in for the night.

You mention the 70's bedspreads in addition to the TV. The lodge you stayed in was built in 1998 (not the 70's). And, believe me, the owner did not employ retro-decor styling. Your opinion is just that an opinion. As with most opinions (gossip in this case), it grows in-step with the reaction the teller desires to evoke.

You mention that the "friendly" staff did not try to convince you to stay. Did you consider that they had already concluded nothing would suit you or suffice for you? It is obvious that you and Felicita were not a match; and, that is okay.

All I can say is an old adage quoted by our owner's Mother, "She/ He would be nice, if only she/ he could be".

The Felicita Mountain Resort and Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Harrisburg Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
#19 of 50 in Harrisburg

Been to Felicita Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!