I stayed at Felicita the last week in April 2011. It was an enjoyable and a relaxing vacation.
The staff is experienced, knowledgeable and very professional. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. I was given a tour of the spa which also included a preview of the location for the continental breakfast. A map of the resort as well as explicit directions on how to get to the Lodge was also provided.
I didn’t get the impression that the spa has an outdated look. However, it doesn’t look like a funky art museum with art pieces of, “what the heck is that?!!” The neutral colors of the interior are a reflection of the outdoors, which is visually relaxing. I had four spa treatments. Each treatment was excellent!! One treatment (seaweed wrap) was new to me. The esthetician explained the process and the benefits of the wrap for beautifying the skin. For each treatment I was given a clean robe with slippers. Another thing, I was given 20% off on all my services. Woohoo!!
I stayed in a room which overlooks the mountain. It was very scenic. I was really surprised with the more than ample size of the room for the Lodges. They are fairly large. Also, the shower stall is spacious. I love the soaps that are provided in the bathrooms. I can’t think of the name, but they smell great! The room also has a coffee pot, with packs of coffee, where you can make your own pot of jo.
I had the continental breakfast in the Sun Room of the Spa Café, which started promptly at 8. Muffins, English muffins, cereals, juice, fruit, and coffee, were available. Hot breakfasts are served at the Grille, which is down the hill, across the road and up another street. However, drive since the hill is pretty steep.
I had lunch at the Grille. Since I was staying at the Lodge, I got 20% off of my bill. Again, Woohoo!!! The food is great and the portions were generous. Unfortunately, I did take-out from the Tavern. This classy and yet casual establishment has excellent cuisine.
A must see are the gardens, especially the Italian Garden. Once you are inside, you will have a feeling of being in Italy. It is something to see, but bring a camera. You’ll want to keep the pictures as mementos.
The room rate and price of spa services are not expensive in comparison to other spa/resorts. What I notice they are on the lower side.
My stay at Felicita was enjoyable and I will return in the fall. Not only is the area naturally beautiful, it’s the staff that makes this gem of a place more than what it is. They go up and beyond the call of duty to accommodate their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Felicita is a premiere Pennsylvania resort nestled in the heart of the Blue Mountains near Harrisburg. In Italian, Felicita means "great happiness." Our 650 acre golf and spa retreat is the perfect getaway, ranked by Philadelphia's MainLine Today magazine as a "Best Weekend Getaway," Felicita is unlike any other Pennsylvania resort. Felicita's exclusive garden setting and relaxed atmosphere will allow you to truly leave your worries and cares behind as you're transported to another world.Felicita, a short trip never took you so far away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Felicita Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Felicita Golf Hotel Harrisburg
- Felicita Hotel Harrisburg
- Felicita Resort Harrisburg