“Great Stay Four Nights”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this facility for four nights with our dog. We were greeted by the staff and the general manager. They could not have been more helpful! we were here to do some research on the family. The staff gave us directions to where we needed to go. The breakfasts were great. The room and bed were very comfortable. We can only give this facility the best recommendation. Congratulations to the management and total staff. We will return again as we continue our study. Dr. Jim, Lynne, and Angel

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ive stayed at fancier more expensive hotels and never had such great sleep as i did here. The room was spacious, clean, super comfortable mattresses, great bathtub...couldnt have been happier. This hotel is affordable even during peak season. Close to hershey park, stores and restaurants. A mcdonalds right across the street. The free breakfast was filling, substantial and there was variety. i'll be staying here with my family again!!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am a La Quinta loyalist and so because I travel for a living I do my best to go out of my way to stay there. This property is on the lower end as far as La Quinta Inns go. We have stayed at this property three times. We stayed here on vacation last year during Hurricane Sandy (long story! Lol) and it seems to have gone down a bit even since then. The property is in need of a renovation big time. If it had not been for me trying to reach my next level in their rewards program I would have kept going on our way to Connecticut. The carpets are old, the hallways dreary and it has that "cheap hotel smell" when you walk in the lobby.

The price ($98) did not match the value. When I asked about negotiating the price at check in they actually offered me $125. I understand the higher summer rates but the quality of this place did not match the price.

Front desk staff at check in were cordial but not overly friendly. More of a "ok I'll check you in if I have to". They did not ask me if I needed anything or offer any helpful information. There were no beyond the call of duty pleasantries of any kind.

I do pass thru this area several times a year but I probably will be looking for a different place to stay unless the rate at the time needed is what I paid last year ($60). The bottom line is this: the price I paid necessitated a critically low, unfavorable review.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms. Small microwave and fridge. Door of A/C broken off, but did not affect operation. Monotonous breakfast selection, but stocked and attended well. (cereal, waffles, bagels, muffins, bread, fruit). Found best rate through La Quinta website that was considerably lower than other websites for the same room. Stayed a week, so they only cleaned the room three times. Not enough towels supplied for more than 2 people.

Room Tip: Had room on first floor at the end near a side door. Very quiet and convenient.
A TripAdvisor Member
Gaston NC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms were extremely clean, and well organized. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. The staff were courteous and professional, and the food was well balanced in nutritional value. We would most definitely sleep there again because of the staff and their timely service.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

this hotel i must say was a disappointment. i am not strong opinionated so i will try my best to justify myself. my family traveled together and we rented 4 rooms. the cost per room was with tax $120, which i thought was very pricy compared to other hotels near by. the main entrance slide door was making a sqeaky noise when we were going in, and i knew this is not a good sign. then the lobby was dirty and dusty. we took the elevator, it makes noise and super slow. the stairs was worse, very dirty and smelly. we got to the room, the carpet was old and dirty. the pillow and bed sheet had stains. the safety lock inside the room didn't work. the shower head was rusty, the hanger for the hanging cloth in the bathroom was broken. the cleaning service refused to clean our room the next morning because one of us were in the room, its un heard of! so they did not clean our room. the breakfast was ok, they had coffee and apple juice and orange juice available at the lobby the whole time, which i was glad. i had high expectation of la quinta, but after staying in this hotel, i am definitely going to think twice before staying at another one.

Room Tip: we booked total 4 rooms when we traveled as a big family, 3 rooms on 2nd floor and 1 on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family