“Very nice staff, convenient location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey

La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
YYZ
“Very nice staff, convenient location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at La Quinta on our way through town. At check in there were two ladies complaining about a dog barking, and they were having their room moved. When it was my turn to check in the customer service agent was very professional, stated that the hotel was dog friendly, but that she would make sure that our room would be far away from the dog. I was impressed, since I hadn't even mentioned it. She was great! I wish I could remember her name. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good - I love waffles! The front desk clerk gave us directions to a restaurant for dinner and when we returned hours later she made sure to ask us if we had enjoyed our dinner. It was a great stay, made even better by the awesome staff. Location is good too, with plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LQ1032GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! Service is our number 1 priority and I am lucky to have a front desk staff that is on board with delivering the best service available. Your review made me very happy, thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Melissa Rhoads

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

My fiance and I scheduled a weekend trip with friends to visit the Hershey Park. After an exhaustive search, I found La Quinta Inn to be the best value for money. So, I convinced my 2 other friends to book at the hotel, too. They were with their respective families. My fiance and I arrived at La Quinta at a little after midnight. Eric of the front desk graciously allowed us to check in early, even though the check in time is 1 PM. They were fully booked at that time because of the Harrisburg Kennel dog show. Eric gave us the suite at no extra cost. Our room was huge, with a very comfortable king sized bed. The internet was fast. The breakfast was simple and no frills. I would also like to commend one other member of their front desk, Sharima. I talked to her on the phone before we arrived and she told me we could check in early. That was nice of her. My friends enjoyed their La Quinta stay, too. They liked the service very much. The hotel is near Hershey Park and near restaurants. We appreciated that the parking is free. If there is one thing I would like La Quinta to improve, I would have to say that they would need to update their furniture and TV sets. Their sofa and desks look outdated and creaky but are still serviceable. The TVs are not flat screen. I personally do not mind but there could be other guests who are picky.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LQ1032GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am very happy that you, your fiance, and friends all had a great stay! I am especially happy that Eric and Sharima gave you great service as that is what we strive for at our hotel. We would love to have you as our guest the next time you stay in the Harrisburg/Hershey area!

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

Booked this place – primarily for the convenient location i.e. proximity to Hershey. Was a bit skeptical especially after reading reviews which said this place was old and needed an update, etc. Aside from that no strong negatives were written about it.

We reached here after an exhausting day at Hershey Park. Much to our surprise, the place was busy with lot of families and people with pets. I saw people taking out their dogs for walk in the morning. The room was good – no smells – nice and clean.

Breakfast was the usual a selection of cereals, boiled eggs, waffles, toast, muffins and fruits with yoghurt. Kids had their fill and so did the parents. The location was the best thing about this place – about 10 minutes away from all the Hershey action and 15-30 minutes away from all other places we were planning to visit in Pennsylvania.

We stayed for two nights. The beds were comfortable and TV had its options. The only thing we didn’t like was the wash/sink area right at the entrance. Is that the style with Pennsylvania budget hotels?

Overall – Would recommend for families travelling to Hershey considering the other options which can hurt your wallet a lot.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you visited the Hershey/Harrisburg area! I hope that you and your children had fun at Hersheypark, it is such a fun place :) Hopefully if you are back in the area again, you will choose the La Quinta Inn and Suites for your stay, we would love to have you and your family as our guest again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed at the La Quinta for two nights for the springtime at Hershey park. We got two double bedrooms, One smoking and one non smoking..right next to each other which was a great thing. Ironically the non smoking room had a smell of tobacco more than the smoking room, but it didn't cause a problem. The rooms were nice, two beds a bathroom, sink, TV, and necessities. The staff was very kind and checked us in quickly and had a great attitude. There is free WiFi and complimentary breakfast. breakfast was okay, consisted of Orange/Apple juice, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, and coffee. Many places to eat near by, and cab service was quick. the hotel is about 15 mins from Hershey Park and costs about 25 to get there. Overall it was great, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay.

Room Tip: Try reserving the room early.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank itsambition
LQ1032GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Hello! My name is Melissa Rhoads and I am the new General Manager of the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Harrisburg, PA. First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review of your stay!

I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay! In fact, I remember your party as I checked you in, it was such a pleasure to talk with you!

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review. Please be sure to visit us the next time you are in the Harrisburg/Hershey area!

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

Just an Ok hotel. Fairly clean - blanket had a huge rip in it. Rooms were decent size. TV was old style, not a lot of channel selection which made for unhappy kids. Rooms somewhat dated. Breakfast mediocre at best. Rooms let in a lot of outside traffic noise, which makes for an early am wake up.
OK hotel for 1 night - wouldn't want to spend much time in it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank concernedmom12
Lowell, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

There are some good things about this hotel. Location is OK and it is convenient to Hersheypark (8 miles away) and I283 (there are closer hotels to Hershey at higher prices). Staff seem friendly, quick checkin however this place is OLD, OLD, OLD! Even the key cards to enter the room are from the 1980s!

The beds fortunately have been updated and were comfortable but very small (doubles) so a good night rest was not had. Room was very warm and we had to open the window part of the night. The TV is also ancient and a bit fuzzy. The bathroom was right out of the 70s and had water stains on the wall and tub. However it was functionable with plenty of hot water. The floor in the room had weird groves. Free Internet connection is available. We didn't use that for our quick stay.

Not a great value especially at the rate of $74 during the off season which we got at a last minute stay and the hotel was not even 1/2 full.

Pets are allowed in for free which is the main reason why we like LaQuinta. Its been hit or miss at these hotels.

LaQuinta has upgraded several of their hotels recently and this is definately one that needs a makeover desperately on the inside. There are lots of hotels in the Hershey/Harrisburg area that I would consider before returning here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewEnglandCamper
DownSouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stayed here as an emergency one night during a road trip down South. The man at the desk was super nice and even gave us a room on the bottom floor next to an exit so I could bring my dogs out for walks more conveniently. It is more of a no frills hotel, but was clean, comfortable, polite staff, and the price was great in comparison to others in the area. My only complaint was some noisy people roaming the hallways at about 4am (not sure if they were even guests at the hotel), but those things happen sometimes.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends