“Daydreaming about the Churros” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Sol Mexican Restaurant

El Sol Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Sol Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 533 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Daydreaming about the Churros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I don't understand how anyone could say a bad word about this establishment, no pleasing some people. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, and amazing food.
Make sure you save room for the Churros, they are heavenly.

• Visited April 2014

Santee, South Carolina
“Ecellent Food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

the food was greta- Real mexican not the typical Joses' off a standard menu. Amenities very pleasant and the staff were very professional, attentive and kept up a nice conversation. We had a good time and the food filled us very well. The price was very good and they have a happy hour. Check it you will like it

Visited April 2014
SYRACUSE
“Very busy, but also very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were staying around the corner for a conference and this was one of the recommended restaurants -- so, of course, there was a stampede over there in a Friday night! We got there just before 6:30 and the place was already bustling. We didn't have a reservation, but the hostess said, "If you don't mind sitting in the bar…" We didn't and we got a table in five minutes. Ten minutes later, the place was surging and we wouldn't have had a hope of anything.

I started with a sangria red, which was served in a glass that was more like a fishbowl than a wine glass! Okay! That lasted we through the entire meal. The salsa and chips were standard, but still good. I had the soft tacos mixed platter -- I got one chicken, one chorizo, and one carnitas, but you can mix them any way you want. I think the chorizo was the best. I'm glad I got the three, as I probably never would have tried the chorizo tacos alone. My husband got the beef fajitas with all the fixings and he piled them high. I didn't need to ask if he liked them. We were the most adventurous eaters, but the basics were very good and they give you plenty of food. But just when you think you're full -- the dessert menu appears. He got the tres leche cake and I got the flan, which was pretty large, creamy, and crusty. We waddled back to the hotel. It wasn't a cheap dinner, but it didn't break the bank -- about $70 for two, including drinks (that sangria in a fishbowl!).

I won;t say it was the very best Mexican food I've ever had, but it was very good -- the recommendation was spot-on. If we're ever back in Harrisburg, I'd like to try it on a quieter night and go for a few of the more interesting options.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto
“Tasty food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to El Sol after craving some Mexican food on a recent road trip. We were across the street from a different Mexican restaurant, but went to El Sol after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Everything was delicious and tasted wonderful. The service was great and our waiter Pedro was very attentive and friendly. Satisfied our craving 100%!

• Visited March 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Very Authentic Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere, Staff, Food are wonderful! Always recommend this place. Please leave room for Tres Leche Cake:)

• Visited April 2013