“If you like Mexican this is the place to go”

El Sol Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Sol Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you like Mexican this is the place for you. The food is fabulous and the staff is so helpful and polite.

1  Thank Simpsonatc22

Reviewed January 11, 2013

El Sol is a quaint little restaurant on 3rd street in Harrisburg. My husband and i are lovers of El Rodeo and eat there regularly, but for a special occasion this was a wonderful place to go. The food is gourmet Mexican. I had steak fajitas and my husband had the Parrilladas which is a small table top grill of whatever meats of your choice. Everything was delicious and flavorful but we had plenty of leftovers. We made fajita omelettes the next morning and then did a stir fry with dinner with the rest of the leftovers. YUM all three times!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had an excellent dining experience at El Sol. We were seated immediately (had reservations and I would recommend this as it filled up rapidly) and the staff were so kind that I almost could not believe it! Our server was very knowledgable about the food including the intensity of the heat. I am a vegetarian and they had several options to choose from and were very accomodating by adjusting other dishes to suit this preference. The restaurant and the restroom was very clean. If you are looking for authentic Mexican food and a pleasant experience then give El Sol a try!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this restaurant, we live here and frequent this one. The guacamole is the best I have ever tasted (other than mine). The only bad thing might be that if you go with a large group the drink charges might get mixed up, so count your drinks and check you bill.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I visited El Sol at lunchtime at a recommendation from a local resident. The restaurant is housed in a building on the national registry of historic places, but is still very fresh and exciting within. The friendly staff, excellent menu, and wide variety of traditional fare with a fresh spin all made the experience a real treat. I highly recommend this to all who visit downtown Harrisburg!