“BEST Mexican food in Central PA!”

El Sol Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Sol Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 558 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am very picky when it comes to Mexican food (being a California native), and this is the only restaurant in the area that I enjoy! It is fresh, authentic, and delicious!

2  Thank Penngirl29

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have eaten here many times for lunch and dinner and never once have I been disappointed. The menu is very expansive and everything seems to be freshly prepared. Most lunch dishes are $10 or less and dinner will run you $12-20. This place can get very busy at lunch so I advise you to show up early.

2  Thank jer17842
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Guacamole is outstanding, so are the margueritas. I've never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Yummy good Mexican food. You have to go here. They also own La Luna in Hershey!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Small but nice atmosphere, ordered a margarita - was pretty average, I should probably have ordered one of their more expensive margaritas to get a decent quality - the one I received was obviously made from a mix and cheap tequila. Ordered the guacamole appetizer - excellent flavor and quality; however, I received my entree, Carnitas, about 1 minute after my appetizer was delivered. I felt incredibly rushed - any decent waitress would have delayed bringing out my main course. The carnitas was chewy, stringy, and rather flavorless - major disappointment, the only good thing on the plate was more guacamole, which was about the only thing on the plate I ate.
I had heard that this place was really good, so I had my hopes up, which I think made me even more disappointed. Will not return.