We stayed at the Staybridge Suites while attending an event at the Farm Show Complex. There were 4 of us traveling together (family) so we wanted to stay in one room and knew a regular hotel just wasn't going to cut it for a week. Our room had two double beds in a separate bedroom with a living area and small kitchen. There were two TVs, a microwave, two burner stove/oven, dishwasher and refrigerator. With dishes provided, we were able to cook some light meals on weekends which saved us money on having to eat out all the time. They also provided a snack bar on weeknights which could really serve as a meal. The breakfast was excellent and was pretty much the same every day. It included the following: make your own waffle station, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, hardboiled eggs, toast, packaged muffins, oatmeal, two kinds of sausage, pancakes, french toast, yogurt, cold cereal and many amenities that made the breakfast even more special. Rarely do you find a place that pays so much attention to detail when it comes to the food that is provided. Like salsa on your scrambled eggs? They have it! Same with candied walnuts, brown sugar and raisins for the oatmeal. Just so many extras that I can't list them all. We figured the extra cost for a suite was well worth the money we saved on trying to feed the four of us when the hotel provided two meals a day for us during the week.
The room was very clean and light housekeeping was provided. There were laundry facilities that were free for hotel patrons and a nice pool area (relatively small). It was quiet and the shower quality was great...good pressure and hot water. The beds were very comfortable. The wireless internet was free.
What more could you ask for? We paid around $125 per night; I can't remember the exact figure. It was a moderate walk to the Farm Show complex. The only thing we could suggest to improve our experience would be for them to build a footbridge across the creek to make the walk there more accessible.
I guess I would also add that it isn't very close to any conveniences like shopping, dining or really even gas. If that is very important to you, then you might look a little further. However, it was very accessible from I-81.
Thank you Staybridge for a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, PA is a new all suite hotel located only minutes from Downtown Harrisburg, The Outlets at Hershey, Harrisburg State Capitol Complex and Hershey Park Stadium as well as the Harrisburg International Airport MDT. As an extended stay hotel, stay for a few nights or a few months you will find all the conveniences of home at our hotel. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, stove top, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access or relax in the comfortable living room area while you enjoy premium cable television, DVD player and HBO movies. Work off some stress in our 24 hour fitness center, take a dip in our indoor pool, or relax in our library with your favorite book. Don t forget to stop by our Pantry where you can pick up a variety of foods, beverages and even toiletry items 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Harrisburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Staybridge Suites