“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hanover, Massachusetts
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at Staybridge Suites for 3 days on a trip to Hershey Park & Amish Country. The hotel is located at one end of an industrial park and is surrounded by some not so great looking areas but the hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The grounds are well kept and the staff is friendly. It is a great central location for visiting Hershey at a much lower price. Also, Amish country is only about an hour away so we were able to get to that area as well. We cooked dinner every night in the hotel. Pool was small and very cold so kids did not swim.

Room Tip: This hotel allows pets so ask to be away from animals if you don't want to hear barking or you a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites. We appreciate your compliments about the upkeep of the hotel grounds and our friendly staff. We are so pleased with your comment that the hotel is in a great central location for visiting Hershey and the Amish Country! We received similar feedback from many of the families that stayed with us over the summer – they were also pleased to have a roomy suite, convenient drive to Hershey Park and felt that the hotel was a great value!

We apologize that your kids found the pool to be cold. Our staff checks the temperature daily to ensure that the temperature is within the state mandated guidelines. We will be sure to keep a close eye on this to ensure that the pool heater is operating properly.

Thank you for providing the room tip for future guests. We are a pet friendly hotel, which many of our guests appreciate this convenience. In order to assist our guests who may have pet allergies, we do designate specific rooms as being pet friendly.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was WONDERFUL! Staff was great, price was excellent and the room allowed for great family time, and couple time as well! Very clean, very new looking and decent breakfast buffet. The pool was nice and clean and they even provided towels. Washer and dryer's are provided free of service, but warning, dryers are extremly slow.

Everything was clean and spacious. If I had to make one complaint it would only be that they didn't clean off the breakfast tables or take out the trash so that it was over flowing in the breakfast buffet area. Very little to complain about, Our stay was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Staybridge Suites Harrisburg. We are always excited to hear that a guest thinks that our hotel is wonderful! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and the pool area. We love that the extra space that you get with a suite (as opposed to a standard hotel room) gives families the opportunity to have some good quality time together.

While you described your stay as wonderful and excellent, we appreciate you taking the time to share our opportunities for improvement. We will have our maintenance team check the dryers in the on-site laundry room to make sure they are operating properly. We will also meet with our breakfast staff to ensure that they are keeping up with clearing the tables and taking out the trash. Thank you again for sharing these observations - as they help us to improve our service for future guests.
staten island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I should of called a lawyer. I was handed a cardboard flimsy tray by there employee to carry 2 hot coffees, 1 apple, 2 muffins to the room the first morning at Stay Bridge Suites. The Tray folded in half and I got burnt. I never went to Hershey Park as planned due to pain and to keep it clean & treating it. I do not drive & came in 1 car with my son. Sent my son to Hershey Park alone so I wouldn't totally mess up his vacation due to having only short time off from work, he also now had to go alone which he really didn't want to do.
Management did not care that I got burnt. Only wanted to dry clean my blouse if the stain didn't come out. I never went back to management regarding my blouse, that is Not the Issue at all. After this they started to hand out Double Trays.
I did ask management why don't they have plastic trays and the response was they can't account for them when it goes up to the rooms. Therefore they purchased flimsy kind of cardboard trays.
This place was not clean also. Note: The Coffee Pot leaked all over the counter and That is Why I went down for coffee in the first place. I reported this to management and the coffee pot was never replaced.
I reported this to the Main Stay bridge Suites when I got home.This went to there Insurance Co due to being told I would hear from Stay Bridge Suites that I went to, and I already did report it to them. They never contacted me like I was told would happen within a certain time, therefore it went to there insurance co. .
I received a call from there Insurance Co.4 weeks later you could still see my burn. They asked my for a picture of the burn. I sent it to them.
I later received a letter from hotel's Insurance Co. Stating Stay Bridge Suites is NOT responsible in this matter.
They continue to say the tray which caused your coffee to spill is manufactured by they names the paper co. and suggested the manufacturer will contact me regarding this matter and they didn't.
I did expect at the very least, to get compensated for my room cost. And I didn't get anything.
There Insurance Co should be going after the manufacturer that makes this item that STAY BRIDGE SUITES PURCHASED and physically handed to me for Coffees and Breakfast. I also told the person working there I need something to carry 2 COFFEES and breakfast to the room. and this flimsy tray was physically handed to me.
Bad Management, Very Poor Handling of this Matter. Dirty room, no lounges outside. pool area inside smelled so bad from bleach that you couldn't even sit there where there was a lounge. While I was there no one was ever in this pool to much bleach in that water. Nothing to do at this Suite unless you were going to Hershey or someplace else. I was never treated with such disrespect in a hotel before. I do have training to treat my burn and did.
Due to the way I was treated I will never go to another Stay Bridge Suite again.
I will also try to give my review regarding the way I was treated in a Stay Bridge every where I can
I hope they loose money due to my reviews.
I am angry they didn't care enough about there customers when deciding to get this flimsy tray for coffees and breakfast. I was unfortunately the one that got burnt and in pain due to my condition also I have to be careful I heal and finally did.
Again if the coffee pot didn't leak all over and pot was almost empty I wound never of gone down for the coffee and waited for my son to get ready for the day and we would go down for breakfast and another cup of coffee. They are responsible this is Negligence on there part and they passed the buck instead of handling it the correct way. No excuses accepted.
There is a sign in the rooms stating STAY BRIDGE SUITES
STOP
GOOD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
If you can't say you are not 100% satisfied with your stay at our hotel, please call the front desk and ask for the manager on duty so we can have the opportunity to make it right.
My staff and I are committed not only to meeting your expectations, but to exceeding them. We are not satisfied with just being good enough and don't want you to be either.
If you are not convinced we're delivering EXCELLENCE on every level during your stay with us, we want to hear about it so we can do something about it right here, right now.
After you leave, Stay bridge Suites may we send you a customer survey to rate your stay with us. If you can't honestly give us a 10 rating, we have failed you during your stay with us.
GOOD EMPTY WORDS
IF YOU RESPOND TO THIS THE ONLY THING YOU COULD DUE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IS TO COMP MY ROOM COST.
DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO LESS THAN THIS AT THIS POINT. I should add a picture of my burn below.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank taras1taras1
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Our goal at the hotel is to always provide clean accommodations, friendly and responsive service and a safe environment for our guests. In regards to this review, our manager met with this guest immediately following her report of the claimed injury.

Because this was an injury claimed by the guest, our manager at the hotel followed the appropriate procedures and promptly reported the situation to our insurance company.

Our hotel management and staff do always appreciate guest feedback as it helps us to improve our service for future guests. Following this report of a claimed injury, the hotel did inspect the breakfast trays (which have been in use for over 2 years at the hotel – without any previous incidents or reported injuries). At this time, there is no reason for us to believe that there is a problem with the trays.
Hollidaysburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

After staying at 5 different IHG locations in the Harrisburg area, I FINALLY found one that I will gladly stay at again. This facility is approximately 2 years old and still looks brand new. The staff was extremely friendly and my room was clean and comfortable. I would definetly recommend staying at this property!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that we are your new favorite IHG hotel in the Harrisburg, PA area - what a great compliment! Providing friendly service and a clean and comfortable suite are two of our top priorities. We are so happy that we will be your home away from home when visiting Harrisburg. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I took my children for a nite just to get away. It's such a quaint establishment, clean and friendly staff. The hotel is designed to make you feel as if you're visit grandma's house from the fireplace in the lobby to the cozy suites. Breakfast was simple and convenient.

• Stayed August 2012
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed there with friends< the staff was horrible,, they followed you everywhere.... very creepy...badly ran... owner was aggressive and nasty.... food was bad... prices were too high ....will never stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank colleengulino
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear colleengulino,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. My apologies you were not fully satisfied with the services you received during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and we will use this to further improve the experience we offer to our guests. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
State College, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg while on a business trip. The location offered easy access to the major roads, the front desk staff was polite and helpful, the room was extremely clean; the property was well-maintained; breakfast was plentiful; bed was comfortable and the room's amenities were just what I needed Note: this property is very close to the PA Farm Show Complex, Department of Agriculture, the Community College, etc. I will definitely stay there again when I'm in the area on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business