“excellent hotel for business or with family”

Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
TX
“excellent hotel for business or with family”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located near I-81. Wonderful staff, special thanks to Ieschia and Brianna. Nice spacious suites with kitchen, fridge, microwave and basic utensils etc. Large bathrooms. Very comfortable bed. Good breakfast and business center, indoor pool. Free laundry machines / dryer. Overall a very clean hotel and a very friendly staff, highly recommended.

Room Tip: if you can be at the southern end of the corridor, you can take the stairs and side exit instead of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is wonderful in all aspects! The staff is exceptionally friendly and the quality exceeded our expectations. There is a complementary breakfast every morning. The food was wonderful, as was the the kitchen staff. They really made you feel like you were welcome! There was a FREE guest laundry which i really appreciated. There was also a swimming pool which my kids enjoyed. Over-all staybridge suites gets an A+!

• Stayed June 2012
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I recently stayed at Staybridge Suites, Harrisburg for a week, while training for my job. Every single staff member I encountered during my stay was attentive, friendly, and helpful to myself and others in my group. The suite was spacious, clean, tastefully decorated, and comfortable. I loved the variety of foods served for the breakfasts. It seemed as if there was something for every dietary need/choice. ( The ladies serving and filling the breakfast buffet were SUPERB!) I will soon be returning to Staybridge for another week, and am looking forward to seeing their smiling faces again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at Staybridge on a recent trip to Hershey Park. We had a 2 bedroom suite for 4 adults and 1 child. The room was great-more than enough room and the kitchen area was wonderful to have to make quick meals or snacks. The breakfast was very tasty every morning, and there were restaurants and stores very close by. Hershey was only about 15-20 minutes away. The staff was always very helpful with directions or anything we needed, and really we couldn't have asked for better. I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

1 Thank shellyru
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Staybridge Suites exceeded my expectations!The breakfast, housekeeping and guest services provided were excellent. I would completely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area with a family. Also the pool and outdoor grilling space was an extra added bonus!

• Stayed May 2012
Eaton, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites Harrisburg when I brought my family to visit Hershey. I can't say enough about the friendliness and attentiveness of the entire hotel staff. Everything was great from check-in to breakfast the next morning. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area with their family!

Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2012

When our office relocated to an area closer to Staybridge, it seemed appropriate to begin using this hotel, which was built about the same time as the nearby SpringHill Suites, and which offered us a contract for really nice rooms at a very reasonable rate. A few of us from the office had toured the hotel the previous Fall and its proximity to us was perfect. We decided to use them for our rooming needs for a large event where we brought in many employees and a large number of affiliated business associates from around the country. This was a disaster from beginning to end. To start with, this hotel seems to have serious problems employing/keeping sales managers. The woman who had conducted the initial tour last Fall had already left and I began dealing with another manager, who also left the hotel in the middle of all my arrangements. I made reservations for all attendees -- 57 room reservations, most for 2-3 nights, a few for just one night, and I provided VERY specific billing instructions for each guest. The arrangements could not have been more clear and I went over them several times. The problems we encountered here ranged from complaints of noise at the railyard throughout the night akin to a dumptruck beeping while backing up, to a complete screw-up on the billing to a main credit card provided, to credit holds of $300+ placed on credit and debit cards instead of billing to a main credit card, to bed bugs seen (I have pictures) in two rooms (for which we demanded comped rooms), to a previously promised shuttle service from/to the airport that the hotel now says it doesn't offer (it was on the Hbg. airport site and during our tour, we were told this was available), to huge disagreements at check-out because of the actions of seemingly untrained hotel personnel. Even two months later, we are still cleaning up the billing issues. This hotel might be conveniently located near us but we will not EVER use them again and we will not recommend them to the many business visitors we have. Competition is fierce in the area and this hotel left us all hugely disappointed. The Staybridge might work well with family-type arrangements but it is sadly lacking in business experience and was clearly out of its element in dealing with a group of this size. Worst experience I have ever had with a hotel, and I've handled arrangements like this for several companies in three states.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business