“Bed bugs”

Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel appeared to be nice and clean, has decent and supportive staff. But on the day of checkout I encountered a bed bug. I reported to the front desk and the person was not willing to believe me. He went on to say that several people had reported bedbugs, but they never found any!!!

I have seen bedbugs earlier and know what they look like...I lost sleep for several nights....not something you expect from this chain.

I did report to guest relations and contacted them again to check on status of my report, and sure enough like in previous cases, the management and some third part 'experts' did not find any bugs.

The hotel seems nice, but I would stay away from this hotel and if you do decide to stay, it would be good idea to inspect your bed for bugs

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
MichelleGuests, Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel. We do our best to correct a guest's concerns as soon as they are brought to our attention, in order to ensure guest satisfaction.

As everyone has seen/read through the media this year, unfortunately bed bugs are now becoming a very wide-spread issue in the United States. Bed bugs are being found and fought all over the United States -- in single-family homes, apartment buildings and condos, retail establishments, and even schools and churches.

Upon receiving your feedback during your stay, we did have a professional pest control company inspect your room and they gave us written certification that they found no evidence of any bed bug activity.

Since bedbugs tend to be "hitchhikers" they end up in hotels typically because they have traveled in with a guest - either in their clothing and/or suitcases. Because of this issue, we have a professional pest extermination company that comes to the hotel on a regular basis and performs inspections and preventative treatment. We have also conducted extensive training with our management, housekeeping and maintenance staff on pest control (in particular in regards to bed bugs).

Our goal is to never have a bed bug (or any other pest) in our hotel. However, it is very challenging, since this bed bug issue is now so wide-spread throughout the country. Our best line of defense is our professional pest extermination company and the on-going training that we conduct with our staff.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Harrisburg

Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice, the first stay was from 4/25/11-4/29/11 & again from 6/5/11-6/10/11. I was blown away my first visit with the exceptional customer service from the front desk to the shuttle service, the breakfast buffet, & the overall friendly, social atmosphere of the hotel...I had no complaints. My second visit wasn't quite the same...I still experienced exceptional service from the front desk & shuttle service and the staff in general was very friendly & accommodating, just like my first stay. Unfortunately I had issues with housekeeping...I arrived late Sunday night, didn't like the location of my room & the manager gladly changed it early Monday morning (which was greatly appreciated). I didn't receive any housekeeping on Monday which I attributed to the room change which was understandable. Tuesday-Thursday, the light touch housekeeping was poor...I was left either no fresh towels & washcloths or only 1 of each. I found 2 popcorn kernels on my floor on Thursday when I returned from training but had not eaten any popcorn & had no visitors in my room during my stay. My television's channel had been turned to a latino channel that I did not watch & I was left no fresh towels & washcloths.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was my first time staying in a Staybridge Suites. This is a fairly new motel located near the Farmers Expo Center.....and that's about all it’s near.

The motel is in excellent condition, staff is very friendly and helpful. They bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. They even hooked up a second DVD player when we asked if they can move it from the bedroom TV to the living room TV.

The kitchen area was small, but complete with a "island" eating area. The freezer & ice maker didn't work well. It only made 4 ice-cubes during our 2-night stay. I was able to obtain ice from the front desk (via kitchen near the breakfast area).

The free breakfast was wonderful, something for everyone. A nice sitting area even provided Wi-Fi for guests during breakfast.

We reserved a room with a sofa-bed. After we settled in, we noticed we didn't have a sofa bed. Instead of them changing our room, they swapped out the couch for a sofa bed. We really gave them thumbs up for that, not many placed would have done that.

I don't have anything negative about this motel, we did report the freezer to the front desk, but didn't feel it warranted changing rooms.

I would gladly return to this motel!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank RailfanMotels
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was totally inpressed with the staff people at this hotel. I could not have asked to be treated better and they ALL were so friendly. I've been to hotels where you feel like you have to be a member of a social club in order to even get a question answered but not here. It was a wonderful stay and I will return my next trip to Harrisburg. The cleanliness was quite inpressive also. Our 1 BR suite had everything we needed and the heated indoor pool was awesome. I also have to give kudos to the kitchen staff. The weekend I stayed was Memorial day weekend and they were packed full. They managed to please everyone and still maintain the friendly atmosphere I spoke of earlier.

Shannon
Carmichaels, Pa

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank swallace1018
Reviewed June 5, 2011

If you are vacationing in the harrisburg/herhsey area , This hotel is a must stay the staff (bre, jamal , andre , donna ) is wonderful and extra helpful , they go above and beyond to explain to you area attractions and there main concern was "Were me and my family comfortable and enjoying our stay " that stood out to me because i never stayed anywhere that was so welcoming , the indoor pool is great , they have buisness center you can utilize the internet , fax, make copies so convenient , i washed our wet clothes from swimming for FREE , yup free lol , you can barbque on this property , there a pavillion 2 grills , and there breakfast in the morning is great , so much to choose from , its like a breakfast buffet inside the hotel ....my kids said they dont wanna stay anywhere else but the staybridge suites and they were sad we were leaving ...highly recommended !!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank evonne326
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My work takes me on the road every week. I spend 1/3 of my nights in hotels. This is a comfortable, clean hotel, but what is outstanding is the complimentary breakfast they offer! It is the best free hotel breakfast I've had. Whether you want eggs&bacon&sausage or waffles or cereals or you are watching your weight and cholesterol, this hotels offers a supreb and tasty variety for everyone.
The kitchen staff was friendly and helpful (and that applies to the entire hotel staff as well) and they kept the food fresh, hot, and tasty. Hours vary, so remember to ask. I stayed here on my own for leisure travel and will return. That says it all.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank freqtravler75
Reviewed May 13, 2011

This was my first visit to Harrisburg. My work took me to the Farm Show Complex which is right next door. If rating this for Downtown Harrisburg, I would rated it as a 4. When we arrived, it was dinner time but past dinner service for the evening. Our check in attendant promptly gave us a list of nearby restuarant. The suites and lobby are very clean. I do feel that the location was overpriced for the accommodations, but condsidering that it's the only hotel next to the hall, I can't complain too much.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business