“Out of place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant many times, most recently for lunch. On this occasion, it struck me how out of place this restaurant seems in central Pennsylvania. Looking outside at the bleak winterscape that is Harrisburg in January, the decor, music, and yes, serving staff, seem like you are at least two thousand miles north of where this restaurant would be more at home. But that's not a bad thing. Having been in Mexico many times, and enjoyed myself, it's nice to come back to this oasis from time to time.

Regarding the food, it is standard Mexican fare. Salty and bad for you, but delicious. I'm also a big fan of their salsa and chips... the salsa is heavy on the cilantro, which I love, and the chips are authentic, warm, and pleasantly crunchy. And the most important component of any Mexican restaurant with a liquor license is, of course, the margaritas... and I'm happy to report they do not disappoint.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We came for my son's birthday. There were 7 of us and we were seated in a 3/4 round booth-like table. Unfortunately that made it hard to have a conversation over the music. The place seemed festive enough. There was certainly plenty of seating available. Our server didn't seem to speak much English but was ok when we asked for things but she didn't ask if you needed anything. The food was fine and moderately priced. They were nice enough to come over and sing Feliz Compleanos to my son and didn't rush us out of the place.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Not a fan of spicy food but there were so many options. Had some trouble communicating with our waitress. She did not speak very good English which I found anno This made it hard to get what we wanted. Loud and busy when we went.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was told that this was nicer the than Fiesta Mexico in York. It was absolutley horrible. We sat at the bar and we were the only guests at the bar. It took 20 mins to get chips and salsa, which I had to remind the server of the side of guacamole that was ordered since the salsa was like water. When the server did take our order he did it while walking behind us while heading to another table (that was complaining about service - or lack there of). It took another 20 minutes to get my second draft beer. It took one hour for our meal to come out which did not look good and we told the server that we didn't want it since we would be late to a show. The bar area was very dirty, the servers did not seem to be engaged or care about the customers as well as the cleanliness of the restaurant. No management was present, and when I asked to see the manager....no one ever came out. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Nor will we ever return.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had not been here for a couple months, but when e
We wanted Mexican this was our restaurant! Not anymore! The salsa is runny soup, the steak fajitas tasted funny and service was slow. The only thing I did like was the margaritas.
Time to find another place!