“Bad experience but would try again”

Lancaster Brewing Company Harrisburg
Ranked #12 of 569 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lancaster Brewing Company (LBC), Harrisburg's hotspot for award-winning, micro-brewed beer and great tasting American cuisine. LBC exudes the rustic charm of a historic ale house, but with a clean, sophisticated, contemporary flair.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great atmosphere, nice dining room area (matter of fact very nice) and cool large bar area. We sat in the bar since we were dressed way down (just came in from a mud and rain storm). Server was friendly at first or at least attentive. Lots of kraft beers offered, I only had fresh brewed ice tea. Others liked the beer choices. I asked about the rigatoni Bolognese and the server said it was great. Then again she told everyone that their choices were great. We all thought that maybe this place was awesome or she tasted everything at one time or another. Note to self - stupid stupid stupid getting pasta at a place like this but the slow roasted pork and beef on it sounded so good. It had to be, no it was, the worst thing I ever paid for and tasted in in my life. Cardboard describes it best, maybe paste would even be better. I had two bites and left it on my plate. Everyone else got fish tacos and meatloaf, all said it was fine. Server came back, took my plate - no questions. Didn't ask if I wanted a box to go or if it was ok. I think it was pretty obvious that she should have asked. Anyhow, this may have been a bad time and I take blame for the nasty food. I will say that we were all happy and good moods so it wasn't us. I would like to try this place again and sit in the dining room, order something more meat related and taste the beer. Wouldn't want the same server again unless she is in a better mood.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food was great, as was service, and the drinks were perfect too!

We were staying at the hotel next door, and just as I did last year, we came to this restaurant for dinner.

Just like last year in August, it was delicious.

My girlfriend got the pulled pork sandwich and loved every bite. Her fries were good too.

I got a bacon cheeseburger and it was perfect, not greasy, and quality meat. I got chips, and they were also good.

We got the Apple bourbon wings, and they were delicious, and a unique flavor.

I LOVED the milk stout, one of my favorite all time beers! Other alcohol drinks were very well made and great price.

I will come back if in the area, this place is great!

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice bee and great food...not the usual "brewpub food". Much more upscale and also nice atmosphere. The beer flights are big and the portabello was great!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Love, love, love the beer here (try the milk stout). We even bought the t-shirt and some beer to go. The burgers were great! We sat in the bar and had a very friendly bartender. This place has a great atmosphere and it's lots of fun!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great atmosphere, friendly servers and delicious food made dining here a wonderful experience. We also had drinks and the price was very reasonable. We will definitely go back again if we are ever in the area.