“Lunch with friends”

Ranked #35 of 575 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Our retirement group has been meeting here every 5 to 6 weeks for the last 5 years. The place doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let that deter you. They have some of the best steaks in town. Also, two of their daily sandwiches that are my favorites are a tenderloin steak sandwich that is excellent and a Rueben sandwich that is the best that I have ever eaten.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

A road trip in the area brought us to this place via GPS suggestion, but upon arriving, I wasn't sure that this was going to be as good as we expected seeing the exterior of the building looking a bit old. HOWEVER, stopping a family out in the back parking lot to ask how it was, they gave it 2 thumbs up, but said it was a bit pricey. We'd already looked at the menu online and was prepared for that, so with his blessing, we went inside. We didn't have a reservation and thought that might be an issue, but they had a table for us and we were seated promptly. I'd asked about a hard orange drink, but they had none so I just opted for a lemonade. (Not a hard one.) The waitress put an orange wedge in it which confused me at first, but it was actually awesome. Never had that before, but I'll have it again. She brought rolls out to us and warned us NOT to fill up on them. (We heeded her warning) When she brought the salads out, they looked HUGE. A side dish held our plentiful dressing. Topped with shredded carrots and delicious grape tomatoes hiding underneath and a few croutons tossed in.. I LOVED it. When our meal arrived, (I had surf & turf and my neighbor lady had tenderloin & shrimp. Our steaks were done perfectly and were SO tender and my Lobster tail was meaty & firm. A candle holder on our table was to set the butter cup in to keep it melted for the lobster. So Cool! I picked a baked potato for my side as I normally never have one and figured it was an expendable side. WoW, was I wrong. I don't know what the heck they did to it, but I put the butter & sour cream on it and it was the best damned baked potato I've ever had and I'm not really a fan of them. All in all, the meal & tip hit 3 digits on the pay scale. Worth it? Hell yeah. Not some place you would visit frequently, but a nice place to take someone you care about. Seen a man come in with his kids, and I thought ohhh Hell No! But, to each his own. You really gotta try this place at least once. You can thank me later.

1  Thank RetiredMxMan
Reviewed September 1, 2017

The food and service were off the hook. Th best place in Harrisburg for steak. I especially enjoy their tenderloin sandwich and fries.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Three of us arrived after 900 PM at end of workday. All ordered different types of steaks and sides, server was very attentive, would definitely go back again.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

This casual neighborhood bar is locally known for their excellent steaks. Side portions of mushrooms, onions, and fries are very generous. The side salad is fresh, crisp and loaded with shredded carrots. Servers are mature and friendly. The décor is plain and the atmosphere can get very noisy. Go early for dinner or make a reservation since this place fills up quickly every night.