“Don't let the outside keep you from going inside.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Glass Lounge

The Glass Lounge
Ranked #34 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Don't let the outside keep you from going inside.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was part of a group of 22 who ate together. Our waitress, Kristen, was awesome. I ordered a steak as this is their signature item. The house dressing for the salad was quite good. The serving sizes were quite large. Unfortunately, one of our group began to choke. He was helped by another patron and was taken to the hospital. The staff handled this in a very caring, kind way. The waitress said that they were covering the tab for the couple who had to go to the hospital . In addition, they replaced the dinners of guests seated beside him free of charge. This is not a fancy restaurant but they are first class in the way they handled this situation.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Dennis J

Oceanside, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants. Great steak. Weird salad. Wonderful staff. I live in metro NYC and travel through two three times per year. It is so good that it is probably the favorite restaurant of the 106th ces.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BGTAX
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Neighborhood Place/Good for Travelers, Too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

On the recommendation of our hotel, we went here for a late Valentine's Day dinner. Real neighborhood feel. Walked in an everyone turned their heads, wondering if friends and regulars were coming in. The hostess and waitress were welcoming and friendly. The place was kind of a mess, but that seemed to be both because it is so popular and we did not arrive until after 9. On the recommendation of the waitress we had the special tenderloin and homemade crab cakes. Both delicious. The draft beers were priced right. The only complaint is that the food was warm, not hot. The presentation is not much - even kind of laughable at how little attention is paid, but the quality is there. The steak was done just as we ordered and the crab cakes had just enough filler to hold the lump meat together. A nice touch at the end - a rose for my wife and chocolate dipped strawberries for both of us.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Chuck B
Pennsylvania
“Carnivores, Seafood Lovers & Vegans Rejoice !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have lived in the area for 30 years and this was our first visit. Why did we wait so long? Wonderful meal for all. Very busy on Valentine's Day but staff were up to the pressure and the food was plentiful and tasty. Something for everyone on the menu. Food is the reason to visit. If you want fresh flowers on tables and a more upscale atmosphere, go somewhere different. But you'll also pay about 25% more for the "environment".

• Visited February 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“My family loves the place, but I am less thrilled.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great place for steaks. Don't order anything else because it's fair at best. The atmosphere is bar-like stark and dark. To some that adds to its appeal, but not me. My family drags me there otherwise it would not go. The very good rating reflects me being outvoted 2 to 1 by my wife and son.

Visited January 2014