“Burgers are very good!”

Ranked #35 of 569 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a dive bar! But if you want a good burger it is worth the trip. Plenty of food to eat for a great price!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Always a great dining experience. Excellent, friendly service. Best side salad ever! Have been regular customer for many years.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was suspicious that this place was what I was told it would be but they have the best crab cakes and the best steaks that I have ever had anywhere at the Glass Lounge. Yep better than Manhattan, better than Rome, better than anywhere I have been and that is a ton of places. Just know that you are going to a very busy place and it has allot of patina and character, but the staff is very good and no matter how crowded, the wait is usually not that long. The prices are from the 1970's,we each had a cocktail I had the 12 oz. filet and my wife had the crab cakes (2 good size pure lump cakes), both meals came with a huge loaded baked potato and broccoli and rolls and the check was just under 50.00. I highly recommend the Glass Lounge especially if you are in Hershey for and event, it is only a 15 min drive and worth it.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

While visiting the Harrisburg area this spring for a work related function some people recommended trying this place out. I went on a Friday evening and the place was very busy, but they squeezed us in. The building was a little run down, typical of most restaurants that provide a decent meal at a good price. I got the 24oz Porterhouse with a giant baked potato and fresh salad with house dressing. Holy [--] was that a piece of beef for only 20 bucks. It was cooked as ordered and very tasty. It was not the best steak I have ever had but it was very good at a great price. If you are in this area, try it out and go hungry, you will leave happy. I went back again on Saturday and tried the Tenderloin and Lobster Tail. It once again was very good at a great price. I will definitely go back, when in the Harrisburg.

1  Thank bjplmp
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place has been a Harrisburg tradition for over 30 years. It is a dive, but the good kind. I only go here for meat. Made the mistake of ordering the squid one night. It was just horrible.
The french fries are excellent. The fresh vegetables not so much. The meat portions are huge. I have never finished a meal there. The steaks are good but not outstanding, the ham steak is great. The prices relative to the portions are cheap. The steak is not the best there is just a lot.
The salads are large but too many carrots. I always ask them to skip the carrots. The homemade blue cheese dressing is very good.
It is a nice place for a decent steak at a great price. As always you get what you pay for.