“Always Excellent”
Review of Bricco

Bricco
Reserve with OpenTable
Bricco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 552 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chestnut
Description: We invite you to join us on a sensory excursion through Mediterranean and Italian flavors, a union of local Pennsylvania produce and Tuscan-style inspirations. The menu at our fine dining restaurant, prepared by Chef Jason Viscount and his talented kitchen staff, rotates seasonally to deliver rustic, soulful dishes with a culinary nod to the South of France, Italy, Greece and Spain.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I visit Harrisburg 1-2 times per year and have had the pleasure of dining at Bricco 4 times over the past three years. Each time I enjoy their delicious Mediteranean style cuisine done with a creative flair setting this restaurant apart. For example, instead of the usual bread and olive oil, Bricco serves bread with tepanade for a starter. Recently I enjoyed a meal consisting of a roasted romain salad followed by Arctic Char with a pesto topping.

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Bricco, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Donna,
I am so pleased that you have had the chance to dine with us often over the past few years. Thank you so much for your loyalty. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We love to create new dishes and I am glad the fresh selections have kept you coming back. I am glad that our 2013 Fall selections were no exception and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love restaurants that combine great food, great service, and a comfortable atmosphere. Bricco wins on all counts. My husband and I were in town for just a few days and decided to eat at a few of the well-rated restaurants in town. Everything was really good -- well made, comforting, and well-served. We started with the chicken liver mousse, moved on to the duck ragout over pappardelle, and finished with the lamb sausage over lentils. All were excellent. My only critique was that the duck tasted more "beefy" than "ducky." I'm not sure what caused this -- maybe using a veal demi-glace? While absolutely delicious, I wished the dish had tasted more of duck.

The service was excellent at Bricco -- relaxed but very competent. Our waiter assisted us in finding a wine that we'd enjoy with all of our courses and was attentive without being intrusive.

If we're ever in Harrisburg again, Bricco will definitely be on our list of places to visit.

Ishane,
Thank you for your comments about your recent experience. I am so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your evening. We work every day to give our guests the best service and food and it is always nice to hear we are hitting our mark. Thank you for your feedback about the duck, I love the sweet and gamey flavor of duck, I regret that yours was not quite right. Our team will look into the preparation to ensure that your next experience is just ducky. Please reach out to me directly if I may offer assistance with any upcoming reservations. We look forward tow welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The portions were rather small, the beer was warm, and the staff seemed to have difficulty performing simple tasks... They were nice and tried to be accommodating, I just got the impression that this was everyone's first day.

Tachoma,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about you visit last December. Please accept my apologies that your experience was not to the high level that we expect. Please know that we do frequent trainings with our team to ensure that we are providing the best service possible. Rest assured that, when you visit us again the beer will be icy cold, the portions will be generous, and the service will be impeccable. Please reach out to me directly so I may be of assistance with any upcoming reservations.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate there last night. Had been looking forward to trying Bricco for a long time. Service was great. Loved the atmosphere. Loved that it is within easy walking distance to the Whittaker. But I expected the food to be better. We had just enjoyed chips and salsa and margaritas elsewhere, so we really weren't starving by the time we had our 5.30 reservation. Would have liked to have pre-dinner drinks there, but we couldn't tell if they were even open or not. We ordered a full meal anyway, looking forward to having leftovers the next day, We ordered brussell sprouts and mac and cheese as side dishes. Both good, but tiny portion of mac and cheese certainly not worth the price. We each ordered a pizza. The size was big enough..we probably should have just ordered 1 pizza and salads. Both pizzas were very disappointing. The tops were good, but the crust just wasn't done. They needed 5 more minutes in the oven, on a hot spot. Pizza didn't have even a touch of browning on the bottom of the crust.. Not done. White, unappealing. Certainly not crispy. We each ate just 1 slice, and called it quits. I'm looking forward to re-heating the leftover pizzas for dinner tonight in my own oven, where I am sure they will be done right. Would we go back? I don't know. So much potential there. So much good about the atmosphere.. love that this is in downtown Harrisburg, but I expected more. Maybe I'll wait for a coupon until we try it again.

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Bricco, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Karen and Grady,
We truly appreciate your dining with us this past week. I am pleased that the service and atmosphere was to our high standard. Let me assure you that we take great pride in our culinary performance and anything short of fantastic is not acceptable. I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this. Please know that we will use your feedback as a training opportunity for our team. Our pizza oven helps us create some beautiful dishes and your pizza should have been perfectly crisp. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped in Harrisburg on our way to Pittsburgh. Not much to do and we looked to eat dinner and call it a day. Bricco looked a nice option. It turned out to be a fantastic meal with each choice (we are a family of five) better than the other. The desserts were exceptional. And after a week in some great restaurants in New York we had some excellent comparables. Our waiter Joseph was very kind and professional and took great effort to complete the experience. Certainly recommended to anyone passing through Harrisburg.

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Bricco, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

EJedwad,
Thank you for your comments about your recent experience. I am so pleased that you and your family were able to join us on your way to Pittsburgh. We work every day to give our guests the best service and food and it is always nice to hear we are hitting our mark. I will be sure to let Joseph know you had a wonderful experience, and recognize him for his attention to your needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.