“Many flavors, large portion sizes”
Review of 3B Ice Cream

3B Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This place must offer 50+ ice cream flavors. My fav is mint chocolate chip. They have the standard soft serve with chocolate, vanilla or twist. They offer some hot food items but I've only ever gotten ice cream. I always get a kids size which is the equivalent to a small in most other places. The price for a kids size cone is around $3.50ish. There is usually a long line and rightfully so. It doesn't take that long to get waited on as they have 3 windows open. There are a few picnic tables to sit on in the back. No indoor seating. When I want ice cream this is usually where I end up.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I (4 kids ages 6, 3, 20 months, 7 weeks) visited yesterday for a banana split.

We were disappointed that there's no indoor seating. It was 54 degrees. So that left us to either mess up the car, sit in the cold, or take it home as it melted. We went home.

Generous portion! $5.65. Good quality. The kids gorged themselves. NOT the 7 weeker. :-)

I said I wanted everything on it. I assumed that meant sprinkles. It didn't. It meant chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and strawberry sauce. Want sprinkles? You must ask for them specifically. Luckily we had some at home.

Kind of inconvenient to have to bend over and shout my order into a tiny door. If you're over 5 feet tall, the little door into which you shout your order is kind of low. I'm 6'1".

Staff are competent. Wouldn't say the girls went out of their way to be all warm, fuzzy, and welcoming. Took my order. Got it right. Said goodbye.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I never had anything, but hard and soft ice cream. I order a kiddie cone because the portions are large.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

3B is one of the last "local" ice cream shops in our area. It's very tasty, portions are large, and there is a large selection of flavors.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The title sums it up! VERY good! They've been around a long time. Both the Colonial Road and the Derry Street shops are great!