“Great Place”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
nyc
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I went with my family of me and my wife and 2 kids aged 2 and 3 for 2 nights and enjoyed the stay very much. the staff was friendly and helpful. very nice small pool and nice small porch in back of hotel for a BBQ. the only catch is most of the rooms are studios and therefore don't think since it has a kitchenette it has a separate bedroom.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We came to Hershey for a soccer tournament, and we picked this hotel, because it was a Marriott chain, and because it was one of the only hotels in the area with any blocks left. We could not have been happier! From the first phone call to the Group Sales, Amanda was wonderful all the way through. When we got there, everyone was extremely kind and helpful, Amaan, in particular was very patient with all of us, we are talking a large group of 12 year old girls here! The first morning, we had to leave at 7 am for our first game, and we found out that that is when their breakfast got put out, so we asked if there was any way they could put it out by 6:45am, well, they put it out at about 6:30! Also, it was pouring down rain, and a lot of us had no umbrellas, well they had some at the front desk they gave us! The rooms were very clean, and we all loved the kitchens, it made life easier. I think the only complaint that I heard was that the pool was a little on the small side, for a whole team of girls, I guess it was a little on the small side. Also, the location was great, it has a pretty nice mall right next door, and the dads were very happy to see that the "Bass Pro Shop" was their anchor store! Also, they had a very nice movie theater which worked out great in the rain. If I come back to Hershey with the family, we will stay at this hotel for sure!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank beentheredonethat73
Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed April 26, 2009

First, we were a bit apprehensive about this hotel, given the comments about noise, but we found that this was not a problem at all. We didn't hear anything the entire time that we were in our room.

We stayed in this hotel over a Saturday night while in town. We had an extended Queen-size suite (seemed to be an accessible room) for my husband, me, and our 18-month old son. We had requested an early check-in so we could get in early enough for a nap for the little guy; when we called a 1:30p, they said our room was available.

The bathroom was very spacious... we actually put the pack and play in there, to ensure a good nap (it almost always works, since it is dark and quiet) and it fit well.

The little kitchen was perfect. Everything we needed in a decent amount of space. Overall, the layout of the room was good, with a little sofa, coffee table, desk, bed, etc. The colors were upbeat as shown in the photos on this page, a nice change of pace.

Also, we made use of the indoor pool a couple times while there. The pool room was clean and warm. The water in the pool was just like a bath, which made it nice for a swim with the little guy.

Also, all of the hotel employees that we encountered were friendly and helpful.

The only disappointment was the breakfast; it was as advertised (light continental), and the breads for toast were fresh. There was yogurt, a few kinds of cereal, some prepackaged muffins, etc. Perhaps even an oatmeal station would have made the difference. Also, despite the MANY families who we saw here, there was only one high chair in the breakfast room.

Overall, we would stay here again and recommend it!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Middle Village, NY
Reviewed November 21, 2008

WOW... What more can I say other than that!?

We had an amazing experience at this hotel. Im going to try to be as detailed as possible, as this is a pretty new hotel, only opened this year. This was our very first Hershey trip, so I didn't know what to expect. I go to Florida all the time, and am used to the variety of hotels they have in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Upon looking for a hotel near Hershey, I based it upon a few things. First, this had a kitchen. That was a big plus. We didn't want to over spend on a weekend trip. Since all the hotels around Hershey are pretty expensive, usually $170+ per night, we wanted to make the rest of the trip as affordable as possible, and the kitchen helped a great deal. When I came across this hotel, the price was right. Especially for Labor Day weekend. They offer studio suites, which have a Queen bed, and a pull out sofa bed that can easily be shared by two. We had this room. They also offer one bedroom suites, which offers the same sleeping arrangements as the suite, just in a private bedroom, seperate from the living room... And a two bedroom suite, which has two bedrooms seperate from the living room. (Obviously the living room is where the couch bed is). We were very impressed by the cleanliness, the decor was bright. The bathroom was huge. The one weird thing... the closet accessed from the front door could also access the bathroom, and without a lock. I am unsure of the purpose of this, but it allowed the bathroom to have access to the closet and ironing board etc. Which for a business man could be quite helpful. The shower was amazing. I didn't want to come home. The kitchen had an electric range top, coffee maker, fridge, appliances such as pots etc... plates, mugs.. utensils.. I can't think of anything we needed that it didn't have. Just not enough sugar the first day, which we just left a note for house keeping the next morning with our tip, and they did leave more. There is also coffee downstairs you can have, along with free internet. OH...almost forgot. This hotel also has free wireless internet in the rooms. That was the second thing we were looking for upon choosing a hotel. The exercise room had a stair climber, a treadmill, a bike... just the basics, but good to get the heart going for people who are used to working out. The pool was small, and only went up to 4ft.. but for me, perfect. I do not swim laps...and my kids were able to both enjoy it. The hot tub was great. The jets were very strong! We did not check out the breakfast in the A.M, as we had eggs and cereal etc in our room. What else would that kitchen be used for? :) The staff were very courteous, and there were no problems at all. I have just booked my August stay for next year in the two bedroom Suite. The drive to Hershey is about 15-20 minutes, and there are many places to eat near by, and a wilderness store also, that we did not have time to check out - but it looked pretty cool!

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I'll be more than happy to help you out! Check out the photos I took also!

• Liked — Everything was overall just amazing. We will see how that changes in a years time, and if it can be kept up with.
  • Disliked — No oven..LOL. Hey, thats the only thing missing in the room!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello!

It's been 5 years since your first Hershey visit! We just celebrated our birthday! Have you been back? We hope you will visit us again! Thank you!
green bay wi
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Spacious rooms, contempory decor, excellant location, fine continental breakfast, friendly staff. The walls are so thin you can hear everything in the rooms. Dinfinetely ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor to cut down on the noise level.

Stayed September 2008
Hello! It's hard to believe we have been getting TripAdvisor reviews for 5 years, we just celebrated our birthday! If you are in the area please join us again!
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Stayed here for one night after a day at Hershey Park. This hotel is very close to Hershey Park, about 15 min max. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms were clean, very nice little kitchen area and nice bathroom as well. There are also plenty of places to eat around the hotel. The only drawback is that the walls are paper thin. I was up half the night because the people in the room next to us were so loud. I could even hear their conversation. Not to mention they kept on slamming draws or I don't know what. Plus I could hear the T.V. too.

If it wasn't for the thin walls, I would have given this place a five.

Stayed August 2008
Hello! wow! it's been 5 years since you reviewed us on TripAdvisor, have you had a chance to return? we would love to welcome you back! Summer is still a busy time for us be since we opened we have learned a few tricks to work around the noise challenge you had. Hope to see you again!
NJ
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I always find something to complain about in hotels, but I couldn't here. The hotel was clean, including the room, the rates were reasonable and the staff was super friendly. You really have to understand, I'm never happy in a hotel but I was this time. Very kid friendly, also. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Hope your travel has gone well since you stayed with us... it's been almost 5 years! Time to visit! Thank you!