“Good Stay, However had an Issue”

TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Central NJ
“Good Stay, However had an Issue”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a family Hershey Park trip Memorial Day Weekend. I was provided a handicap accessible room, which we didn't need or ask for. Although we didn't realize we were provided this type of room until we took showers. We were NOT happy with the bathroom. There was only a small lip separating the shower stall floor to the rest of the bathroom floor; and the whole bathroom got drenched. Also, the shower stall was very moldy. I complained to the hotel manager the very next morning; and was provided 2 bedroom upgrade for the 2nd night for no additional charge. The manager made us very happy with the upgrade. The 2 bedroom was very nice and clean (including the bathroom) and had no complaints. Additionally, the free continental breakfast offers a very limited selection. Lastly, the TownePlace Suites is a good choice for the Harrisburg / Hershey area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hello!

I'm glad that we were able to upgrade you, I just wish it had been for a better reason! We don't typically have mold issues at this hotel so I am really concerned that this existed. I am glad we were able to move you promptly.

If you visit us again please reach out to me so I can ensure your stay is 100% ! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a last minute getaway in Harrisburg, PA. My husband is a Marriott Rewards member and had reserved a one-bedroom suite for our family of four. When we arrived to check in, the very nice gentleman at the front desk (I apologize for not getting his name, but we arrived around 9:30pm on 8/29/13) pleasantly surprised us by informing us that we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. That was a great thing since our 15 year old twins enjoy their own space! It was a lovely suite with a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms with very comfortable beds and a pull out couch in the living area. My only criticism would be this; the only mirror in the entire suite was located in the only bathroom. That just is not sufficient for a family that has 2 females! I would suggest putting mirrors in the bedrooms. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

Hello!

We are so glad you chose us for your visit to Central PA! I'm glad we could upgrade you! You are so right... we need another mirror in all of the rooms. The good news is that our guest rooms are getting refreshed in the beginning of 2014 and guess what was in the top 3 of our requests?? Yes, a full length mirror. While Marriott didn't design us to have one we have heard loud and clear (and I agree) that we need them so we have requested that they work them in. Thank you for your support!

Travel safe, we hope to welcome you back!
Smithtown
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here last for a quick trip to Hershey Park. The location is less than 15 minutes to the park which was a plus. All of the Hershey hotels were booked. The hotel was clean but the shower was unacceptable. There was an adjustable shower head in the room that would not stay in place and would shoot water everywhere but on you. I didn't try to change rooms because I was told they were booked up as well. I'm sure they will fix the problem as I made them aware of it. Be sure to get to breakfast early they close promptly at 9 a.m. On my way out I spoke the front desk clerk about using my points to cover one of the nights. She assured me that she would look into the matter and e-mail back. To this date one week later I haven't heard anything. I will use my points on another stay. I paid around 200.00 a night which is a little steep for what your getting in P.A.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate you staying with us. If you don't mind, send me an email telling me what room you were in. I want to have the showerhead checked... I am guessing you were in an Accessible room so if I don't hear from you just know we will check them all. If you already let us know then thank you! Since you stayed in August the Guest Services agent was probably correct, we have been sold out nearly every day.

Breakfast... yes, it's posted to end at 9:00 am on weekdays. Most days we do let it run longer. I'm sorry if we didn't catch you!

I can answer your question regarding using your points toward your stay. All reservations redeeming points must be made in advance online or through 1-800-Marriott. Please feel free to contact me and I can share more details with you.

Thank you for staying with us!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time at a TownePlace Suites, and it's pretty nice. It was well worth the short drive to Hershey to avoid the higher prices near the park during peak season. As a family of 5, getting a room with 2 Queens AND a pullout is a big plus. The room was very well appointed, with a roll-out desk that doubles as a table, and nice colours throughout.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hello! Thanks! We love the pull out part of the desk and often suggest that guests make it their own space! So glad that you did! The room that you were in is a great space... one of our larger room types! Thank you for supporting what we offer and our location! Travel safe and come and stay with us again!
Killingly, Connecticut
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The only complaint I had about this hotel is that there was no table to eat my dinner at in my room. There was a small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave & dishwasher. So even though I could cook a meal if I chose to, there was no place to eat it (except at the work desk). Other than that, this was a very nice, clean hotel with indoor pool/hot tub, exercise room, great staff & a good location. Many families stayed here because of its closeness to Hershey Park. There is a continental breakfast served, but it's only pre-wrapped muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee & juices. There are several restaurants in the area, so breakfast & dinner were never a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ontheroad A
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We appreciate your comments! You are correct, not all of the rooms offer the table and chairs. Reach out if you are with us again and I'll see what we can do!

Trave safe and thank you!
Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here while my son was competing in the State Games of America. Perfect for what we needed. 2 bedrooms so we didnt keep each other up. Lots of room. Friendly checkin.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing and we didnt eat there but once. Also, while my son's bedroom was on a corner, sharing walls with our living room and my bedroom so was quiet, mine backed up to the suite across the hall. Their young kids had apparently been ingesting a LOT of chocolate every night because they were literally bouncing off of our (shared) wall. Zero soundproofing. Could hear every word and move.

Pool is small as is the fitness room. Free newspapers including WSJ. Small food mart at front desk for munchies and there is a Sheetz within walking distance.

The hotel is right next to a good sized 2 story mall with a smattering of restaurants nearby. Very convenient to the confluence of I-83, I-81, I-283, allowing easy access to anywhere in the region.

It was a bit pricey and noisy, but the good way outweighed the bad.

Room Tip: Rooms away from highway have less noise. Get a top floor room to avoid footsteps
1 Thank Dracodad
Hello! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the games and we hope they went well! We appreciate your comments!
Hemet, California
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The General Manager; Bobbi Cary, is absolutely the BEST!! I had some challenges early at first, but she stepped in and rescued the matter and took it a step further. As a QCCM (Quarter Century Club Member), she was more than accommodating and went out of her way to assist me and make things right. Equally, the facility is fabulous...well maintained, clean, bright and just great. The Associates ARE the best I have come across in my travels and many years with Marriott. Given the opportunity on future visits...this is and will be my first and only choice to stay. This location is also fabulous and easy access to everything, attractions, Hershey Park, shopping malls, freeways....etc. The breakfast provided daily was "just right" to start your day.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are great and easy access to the parking lots, pool, breakfast location, lobby etc...
Green Features: Right on the money!! Lots of reminders are in the room to practice environmental safety habits.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jesse M B
You are too kind, thank you for that... it was nice to read! We look forward to welcoming you back! You know we value the years of your life that you dedicated to Marriott and the loyalty you continue to show! Travel safe out there and be well!