“Great amenities, affordable prices”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here with another couple while we visited Hershey Park. The location was approximately 10 miles from the park and was one of the more affordable hotels in the vicinity. We were pleasantly surprised with the range of amenities offered in each room, but our stay was short so we didn't use many of them. The decor is pleasing and inviting, and free coffee and tea in the lobby at all hours was appreciated. The breakfast options were pretty standard but good nonetheless. The only downside (which really isn't the fault of the hotel) was that we had hoped to use the whirlpool when we returned from the parks, but even at 10:30pm it was fully occupied by young children.

One additional note- check out Lancaster Brewing Company for dinner if you enjoy good food and good beer. It is located less than a mile from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for catching up with us regarding your summer season visit! You hit our positioning dead on! We are just close enough to the park to be convenient and far enough to offer competitive rates! We are usually pretty busy on the weekends and the pool and hot tub stay full until 11pm for sure! We hope you can join us again in 2013. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've stayed here on business trips several times now and will continue to select it as my home base while visiting Harrisburg. Clean, well-run, conveniently located, and very comfortable. There are many restaurants within walking distance and a mall nearby in case you forgot something. Also, FedEx Office is just across the street. The equipment in the fitness room is great, too. All around, it's a great value for the business traveler.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy V
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you sharing the details! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The freeway exit getting to this place will probably lower your expectations but don't let that discourage you. This is one of the better TownePlace Suites I've stayed in. The layout with elevators situated on two separate wings, an indoor pool, and a separate dining/waiting space give it an interesting yet sensible feel. The staff is superb! Special commendation goes out to Greg at the front desk who not only made me feel welcome after a long day of traveling, but was well versed on Marriott policy and made me feel like the Platinum elite member that I am. The location across from Harrisburg Mall is a very short walk away. All in all, it has been a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Chose the rooms toward the stairs if possible. WiFi is also stronger on the lower levels for some r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you so much for the detailed information! We hope to welcome you back again! Thank you for staying with us and for your great comments about Greg!

Regards,
Bobbi Carey

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We checked in late and left by 10 a.m. So we didn't use many of of the amenities. Our room was clean and stocked. Ample luggage carts, decent continental breakfast, friendly staff and located near shopping, just not super close to the Penna Pike on our eastbound route. The towels and washcloths were very soft, but thin- not threadbare, just not spa towels.
We have stayed here before and will likely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you again! Travel safe!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cheerful, helpful check-in staff. Very appreciated after a long travel day. Perfectly fine room- a little smaller than some other TownePlace Suites but not a big deal. Seems to be located in a business park/office area so very quiet at night. No traffic, but easy walking distance to Bass Pro Shops and a couple of restaurants. We've stayed at several Marriott properties in the Harrisburg area over the years and this one is our favorite.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

How kind! Thank you! Please join us again and don't hesitate to reach out! We love to meet our returning guests!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had a 8 hour FE Exam in Harrisburg on October 27, and since I was more than 1:30 drive from the exam site, I decided to rent a room at the TownePlace Suites so that I would be closer to the exam site. In my request I noted that I have the exam and asked for a quite room. Upon my arrival, Britanny, acknowledged this request and told me that she put me in the quitest room in the hotel.She informed me that breakfast on Saturday starts at 7am and asked me if that is ok. I responded that my exam starts at 7:15am at which point she said, she will be more than happy to let the staff know to put the breakfast out an hour early at 6am. I was astounded at her initiative. She cared a lot about making my stay as relaxing as possible knowing what I had to go through the next day.

The room was very nice, I had the Queen Studio. You get a kitchenette with all the appliance (fridge, stove (no oven), dishwasher, sink, disposal, microwave, toaster). There is a big desk with an additional pull out desk, a nice size TV, and a superb bathroom.

My check out was just as smooth as my check in. The breakfast was in fact out at 6:00am, and Marcia, who was checking me out also made a point to wish me my best on the exam.

Overall, the staff at this hotel is purely awesome. They take the time to be personable and be pertient to your needs. If you are ever in the Harrisburg area, or have to take the FE/PE exam at HACC, you would be a fool to not stay at this wonderful hotel.

P.S. The drive from this hotel to HACC is very easy, only takes 12 minutes, plus 2 min to walk from the HACC parking lot to Wildwood Conference Center where the exam is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

WOW! Thank you for the detailed feedback and for recognizing Brittany and Marcia. We are fortunate to have an amazing team! Thank you for choosing us! We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The front desk staff, Marcia & Bobbi, are super sweet & really helpful! The room is phenomenal & immaculately clean. Lots of space, great/comfy bed, & awesome location. Greatness through & through. We'll definitely come back!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenWinstead
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

How nice! Thank you so much! We are delighted that you enjoyed your first stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!