“Very Clean and Good Sized Junior Suite Room”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
New Market, Maryland
“Very Clean and Good Sized Junior Suite Room”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed one night with our 4 children all under 7. The room had two bedrooms with Queen sized beds and 1 pull out full sized sofa bed in the living room. The junior suite was clean and overall spacious. Just the right size for a family of 6. It was up to date and had most of the amenities of a suite with a full kitchen. The kids loved the indoor pool and the continental breakfast was fine. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. They faxed something for my husband free of charge.

Things to improve - there should be a mirror in every bedroom. How can a family be expected to get ready in a one sink bathroom with one mirror? The mattresses were soft - I kept rolling into my husband - so I did not get much sleep. They needed replacing. Also, when I made the reservations online, they asked for me to check what additional things that I would request - I checked extra feather pillows, to have the sofa bed ready made upon arrival and a low floor. None of those things happened (unless you consider a low floor being the 2nd floor in a 4 story building). The pool was a good size, however, both of my girls bathing suits were ruined (they got all puckered and lost all their elasticity) maybe too much chlorine?? They boys suits were not stretchy, so they did not get damaged.

The drive from the hotel to Hershey Park was supposed to be 9 miles. It really takes about 15 minutes though from location to location. That being said, staying 15 minutes away to save $100 - $200 for one nights stay is well worth it. We would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ames, Nebraska
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I stayed in this hotel one week for a business trip. Overall, I was very satisfied with the stay. Staff was helpful but unobtrusive, bed was VERY comfortable (Marriott family hotels always have the best beds!), full kitchen was a nice touch.

Not a particularly fancy place, but everything was clean and well-kept. Good location off Paxton St., easy access to downtown Harrisburg, Hershey, and airport. Good selection of restaurants nearby (a few within walking distance).

My only complaints about the room:
1) No full-length mirror to be found!
2) The TV is set up at an odd angle to the bed, making it uncomfortable to watch from bed
3) The TV would also turn off with no warning once in awhile (this happened 2 or 3 times during my stay)

None of these snags would prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Pa
Reviewed November 6, 2010

This hotel was lovely! Very new and very clean. I loved the little kitchen in my suite with a full sized fridge, microwave, small electric stove top and coffee maker. The flat screen tv was a nice touch. Also, the room was decorated in a really cool minty green, retro style with great attention to detail. I highly recommend staying here and wish I could have stayed longer than one night!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2010

The hotel is at a great location just miles away from Hershey Park and other attractions. The decor is great nice colorful walls unlike other hotels in the area. My biggest complaint is the noise the walls are soo thin you hear "everything" it sounded like a 500lb gorilla staying upstairs moving around at 2am. You heard the elevator all night long and get woken up to someone screaming at 6am...like I said "thin walls". This is a new hotel where is the installation and sound breaker. I've stayed at less expensive places and never had to deal with noise like this.

• Stayed October 2010
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because it is part of the Marriott family.. It was moderatly priced at 159.00 a night and for a Hershey area hotel that wasnt bad, I've drove by some of the places we were looking out and for more money and I am so glad we chose this one, only 10 miles away from the park, 35 mins away from Dutch Wonderland. Please trust me I have stayed in plenty of hotels that were triple the price that I just wanted a refund as soon as we opened the door, this was not one of them.
The rooms are very modern and colorful, yes their not huge suites but they are ok, very clean and spacious only if you have the sofa bed down.
The kitchen and fridge were great (for the kids juices and milk) even though we were in our rooms really just to sleep so basically 8 -10 hours a night.
The staff was great with directions and anything else we needed.
All and all if youre looking for a nice, modern and very clean hotel with access to all this is the place for you.

JV

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Denver
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Cute! I stayed in a suite which is their smallest. I loved it. Flat screen TV, granite counters and comfy bed. I would be happy in that size room for a week.

• Stayed August 2010
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I must have been here the same weekend as the previous review. I was here with my wife, son, and his family. (2 children ages 3 and 5). We had a two bedroom suite in the far corner of the hotel near the elevators. There was definitely a baseball team and a lacrosse team staying here. Believe it or not, the noise around the elevator was not bad. I would only have two complaints. One was the garbage disposal had a bad odor. But that was only noticeable when you first walked into the room or you were at the sink. The other complaint would be the breakfast. Muffins and cereal. That's it. I also witnessed the adult portions of these teams sitting in front of the hotel with their coolers, but they seemed to be minding their own business and was not a bother to me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family