“Best place at 505 PM”

Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Place has great happy hour with half off bar menu.
you can eat and have a beer and still tip the server for $10.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Business dinner. We called in for reservations in advance leaving corp name and contact information. Reservations were handled a little stiff for a med large party - yet the dining room was never close to full all night. Food was good. Nothing really unusual, but better than most of the area establishments. Service was attentive. Looks like they have a nice happy hour for those in the need. Room was cozy.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to Stocks for a pre-symphony dinner, as they participate in a program offering 20% off if you dine in conjunction with a show. We'd eaten here several years ago, and did enjoy it at that time. On this visit, the atmosphere was very nice and the service was excellent. Unfortunately, the food was nowhere near up to the standard expected for the price.

Our table of 4 shared 2 appetizers: the spicy shrimp tempura had good flavor and everyone else at the table enjoyed them, although I thought the creamy sauce over the fried crusting really didn't work; and the chicken quesadilla spring rolls were excellent -- good flavor, nice and crunchy, fresh accompaniments. The crispy flat bread and dip that came for the table were great, and we also enjoyed the Cesar salad. The rest of the meal was far less successful. Our entrees were a NY strip steak, a pasta farfalle dish, roasted peppercorn shrimp, and chicken parmesan. All 4 were dry and overcooked! The pasta had nice fresh veggies but was barely sauced and surprisingly bland -- even the sausage was devoid of flavor. The chicken parm was dry, topped with a spoonful of red sauce and melted cheese, and sat atop a bed of dry, unsauced pasta. The shrimp were dry and overcooked, sitting unadorned on a mound of mashed potatoes, and desperately in need of some sort of sauce or glaze. The steak... well, same thing. Without the symphony discount, this meal (which included 5 glasses of wine) would have come to around $200. We've had far superior meals at half the price. Because the first half of the meal was good and the service excellent, I'm rating this "average." If I were rating on entrees alone, it would definitely be "poor." Sad to say it, but I can't imagine going back, even with the discount.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

A group of us arrived in town for a business meeting a bit early, so we looked for a lunch spot using Google maps on our iPhones. A number of places popped up around 2nd street, including this one, so we found a parking structure nearby and walked 2 blocks to this storefront locale. Inside, we found a very contemporary and sleek interior, light jazz playing on the sound system, and a well-dressed business clientele. Lunch offerings included innovative pastas, sandwiches, and salads with prices around $10 each. They make their own root vegetables "chips" on site daily, and they were great as a starter!

Our table had the crab melt with house salad, lump crabmeat sandwiches and salmon BLT sandwich with cilantro mayo. The latter was huge and could have easily served 2 people. For an impromptu lunch, we couldn't have done better and would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had dinner here tonight, and I was a little surprised that the place wasn't busy at 6pm on a Saturday night. I suppose it's because it was early. Started with Valet parking, $10. We were seated right away, and offered drinks. The Martini was cold, well made, and served promptly. The bread was an interesting flat bread, served with a spicy bean dip. We enjoyed 2 orders! My Steak was excellent, prepared exactly as ordered, and my wife's steak was just as good. My daughter had the Ruben, and it looked delicious, served with colorful chips. Servings were large. Dessert was free for my daughter for her birthday, and we also enjoyed wonderful cheesecake. Service was excellent. Waiter talked with us, was attentive, not too pushy with suggestions. He even went outside and had the valet retrieve our car before we got up. The atmosphere was relaxed, and I enjoyed the new age/jazz like music playing over the speakers. A wonderful respite from having loud sports blazing from bar televisions. I suppose about the only thing I'd add would be a few more people to make it a little more lively, and maybe an aquarium for more visual interest. The waterfall wall is very nice. We will return .