“Good for people watching in nice weather”
Review of Spice - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Liverpool, Pennsylvania
“Good for people watching in nice weather”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is a good spot for people watching. The food is average, the crab cakes are one of the best menu items. Good spot to meet friends for a relaxing Friday evening where the won't rush you.

• Visited July 2011

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Horrible”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

From the Harrisburg area. First time dining. Drinks were very good. Appetizer just ok. We both ordered Filet Mignon and what we received was absolutely disgusting!! It was a bad cut of strip steak that tasted like it was microwaved, certainly not a Filet. Mashed potatoes were old, nasty tasting. Place was completely deserted when we arrived on a Friday evening, now we know why! With plenty of other choices in Harrisburg I would avoid this place.

• Visited December 2010
Easton, PA
“Calypso Sunday!”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

It may have been raining outside, but inside it was hot, hot, hot! Not temperature, but music. On Sunday afternoons they have live music - Island Fusion with Nancy and Jody were playing - Jimmy Buffet, Harry Belefonte, all the favorite beach tunes. The drinks were good - 3 mini martinis for only $9.00. The crabacado salad was very good. Decor was simple but contemporary.

Montclair, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“COCKROACHES!”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to Spice after a long day in the hot sun to sit back, relax, and enjoy some good food. We are from out of town and the place looked nice and was not too crowded considering the time we arrived, Well it didn't take long to realize why it was not crowded. We ordered the mussels for our appetizer and they were way over cooked. When we were almost done with them, the waitress came over and asked again what we had ordered for our entrees. She said she couldn’t remember since they were told they were no longer able to write anything down and it was a crazy night. Considering we are both in the restaurant industry, neither one of us could tell what she was talking about since there were only 5 other tables of people and we had each ordered sandwiches. Writing it down would have been a lot more professional that coming back and asking us a second time like it was our fault she didn’t remember it in the first place. The chicken sandwich tasted like plain chicken, no seasonings, just chicken. The bbq steak was alright but nothing to drive me back. Fries were ok. Upon the clearing of our dishes we looked over at the bar which we were sitting next to and saw several cockroaches running on the wall under the bar where people would sit! If we had seen this prior to eating we would have walked out. Save your money and do not go. Tasteless food, incompetent service, and COCKROACHES! You are better off going to a drive through

1 Thank valp14
Harrisburg, PA
“Great atmosphere terrible food.”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I ordered the Zephyr Pasta (a special the night we went) which was supposed to be ziti with sausage and peas in a ricotta marinara sauce. It was awful! The "sausage" was a spicy hot dog and the sauce tasted like a spicy ketchup. My husband ordered the Apache Grill with jalepeno rice. Everything was so encrusted with the spice rub, that's all you could taste. And the rice just had jalepenos thrown on top. I found it interesting when the wait staff came around to clear the table, they didn't even ask if I needed a box for the more than half a plate of pasta I had left. I guess they're used to people not taking the food home! I would have said no to a box had they asked. I won't waste my money here again.