“Well priced stay”

Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey West
Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Hotel is well priced and reasonably close to Hershey Park as well as shopping and dining. Hotel is dated but clean with friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey West

Reviewed August 20, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We needed an affordable place to stay for a little overnight trip to Hershey. We paid $71 for this room. This place had a weird smell to it....like cigarettes even though smoking is only permitted outside. The check-in desk was not professional or clean in appearance and neither were either of the staff. It gave me hesitations before even seeing the room. On inital entry to the room, we poured over it with a fine tooth comb due to previous reviews. The air was turned off so the smell in the room was not pleasant and it felt damp. We immediately kicked the air on high. Saw some stains on the top cover of the bedspread. We had a glitterly unicorn sticker stuck to the mirror, the bathroom lights are on timers like previously mentioned, but they went on and off throughout the night. I went into the bathroom with no shoes on and the area in front of the sink was sticky. The top of the refrigerator was in need fo dusting and the bathroom walls had stains. I just did not feel as though this room was cleaned appropriately. Seems like it's given a bare minimum "once over" if you know what I'm saying.
This hotel hardly had any guests even though it was minutes from Hershey and now I know why. The continental breakfast error scared me at check-in so I knew I wouldn't attempt to eat there in the morning. The cereal in the plastic dispenser looked as though it had been sitting there for a LONG time. In reality...yes...it could have been worse, but I would not choose to stay here again if I could help it. For an extra $30 we could have been in a much nicer place. Oh....I forgot to mention the 20 lbs of duct tape under our bathroom sink....call the repair guy out already!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our room was near the vending machines. Decently cleaned, not perfect though! No clothes iron, shower curtain didn't hit the shower and kept opening. Hot water would get scolding fast and would make a wining noise.
Location is very nice! Near bass pro shop, eating, and gas areas.
All lights were on a timer and would kick off after a few minutes.
Ice machine, hair dryer, AC/Heat, flat screen tv were all there; except no clothes iron and the tv was not very clear.
All in all... If I had to, I'd go back. But next time I will spend a little extra money and get better.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here while attending a concert at HersheyPark. Room was clean although a bit damp smelling. We missed breakfast as it ended at 9am. Front desk employee was busy talking on phone and barely able to register us in . Don't think I would stay here again. Location was good as close to highway , but we could have found better for same price

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends