“RESERVATION MAKERS BEWARE!!!!!!!”

Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey West
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We made reservations for 1 night 2 rooms at this hotel using their advance pay discounted rate offer. A few weeks before our trip I noticed that the advance payment never hit my account. I called the hotel and the informed me that they would process the payment when I arrived. Today we arrived - 8 of us and we were told our reservation had been cancelled. The very uncaring RUDE man at the desk turned his nose up and said your card was declined when I processed it a few days ago (what happed to we process when you get here). It dawned on me standing there that between the time I made the reservation and today my credit card had been stolen and new cards issued. This would have not been an issue if they had processed the payment immediately as we expected or when we arrived as we were told. However, worse than the fact that there were 8 of us in Harrisburg (2 of which were kids) on the day after the 4th of July, was this mans attitude. When I asked him why we didn't even recieve a cancellation notice to warn us that we weren't going to have a room his response was why didn't you notify us that your card was cancelled? What? There was such a gap in time between when I made the reservations and when my card was stolen that the reservation never crossed my mind. Then he snapped at us about not having public restroom when our 5 year old said he needed one. We stood in the parking lot for an hour trying to find hotel rooms! Very sad!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Davisstevie

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The carpets could do with a clean, my feet were sticking to the one in our room, other than that, everything seemed clean and comfortable, we was only there for a night in passing, so it was good enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Room not ready on arrival even though check in time reads as 2 PM (and it was after 4). Hallway to the room on the second floor was a long smelly tunnel with worn ancient carpet that made it a fairly long walk from the the ground floor with no elevator in evidence. Microfridge dusty on top with unwashed coffee maker (carafe pot was stuck by its bottom to the heating element requiring some force to dislodge it). Ironing board with no iron. One of the two windows lacked a left pull handle and its screen was partially shredded as though by the claws of a cat. I would have ignored the open windows but even in late April it still gets fairly cool at night and I was putting the heater into use. Not far from restaurants but far enough from traffic to be really quiet. No sink plug.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo