“Really nice stay during 4th of July weekend”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Portland, Oregon
“Really nice stay during 4th of July weekend”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We decided to go to Hershey for the long weekend. I wanted to book the Fairfield Inn closer to Hershey and booked this hotel by mistake. I am so happy that I did that mistake. It saved me money and we really enjoyed our stay. Two days before the trip I noticed the mistake and read the reviews and I was so worried. Don't worry! This hotel is really clean and quiet. I think the hotel was almost full, but it was so quiet that one day we slept until 10 am and missed the breakfast! Usually in hotels I wake up by sound of doors or house-keeping, but not here. The beds were comfortable enough and the bathroom was really clean.
The highlight of the stay was the staff. Super kind and helpful! They all had smile and greeted us every time we passed them. We watched one of the World Cup soccer games in the lobby and had a nice interaction with the staff.
Free breakfast was good and they tried really hard to full it continuously. They opened the meeting room, so there were enough sitting space during the breakfast.
The most interesting thing about this hotel is the available TV channels! Unbelievable! One afternoon we stayed in our room and watched two movies! I think they have more than 300 channels!

The internet was so slow (maybe because the hotel was full) and the hotel has just one small elevator which was slow. Other than that, it was a great stay. 7 minutes drive to downtown Harrisburg (check out the Capitol Building, incredible) and 15 minutes to Hershey's attraction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2014

When planning to visit Hersheypark, there are many hotels in the Harrisburg-Hershey-Carlisle area to choose from. It may have something to do with Harrisburg being the state capital, but I digress. The Fairfield Inn was conveniently located, and had plenty of restaurants nearby. it is convenient to the PA Turnpike, and of course, Hersheypark. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was fulfilling and delicious. I loved the warm water of the indoor swimming pool, and the hot tub. Yes, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're going to Hersheypark, or to the Harrisburg state capitol building to protest our state...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracys Landing, Maryland
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel was comfortable, clean and quiet -- despite the fact that there were young participants in a basketball tournament staying there. That scared me after having chaperoned such trips in the past. They can get noisy. :) It turned out to be a fine place to spend a night.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Freshly made scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, muffins and other breads. Only real complaint regarding that was that the breakfast area was packed. A second room was opened by the attendant, but sort of late for me.

Room Tip: There is a patio outside the pool area is in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fairfield H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your input and sorry for your disappointment. We strive to make each and every guest's stay a pleasure experience. We understand through the summer months our breakfast area does get busy. Please allow us to accommodate you in the future.

Sincerely, Barry Kidd, VP of hotels
Farmingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed for only one night but it was really wonderful. Very quiet, easy to get to from the PA Turnpike, incredibly friendly staff, and a very comfortable/clean room. Would absolutely stay there again the next time we are in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Anthony D
Freehold, NJ
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked the Fairfield Inn on Marriott's web site and was very pleased with the quality of the property. We only stayed one night while visiting family in the area so we didn't get to take advantage of all the available amenities. However, our room was clean and bright. The room was a good size with a king bed and plenty of space. The bathroom was also good sized and everything was clean and in good working order.
This hotel also represented a good value as it is not far from the Hershey attractions and is priced much less than other area hotels. It is a good value for families as breakfast is included. We were there in mid-November and the indoor pool was closed for renovation, but I believe work will be completed soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandMike
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We are currently undergoing renovations and will be completed soon. We are looking forward to converting to Fairfield Inn & Suites with a fresh new look in the lobby, breakfast area and guests rooms.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I got in late and left early. I cant really do this one much justice other than say, it served its purpose.

The staff was friendly upon arrival and got me on the first floor as requested. The room was a room. Not cramped, not overly big. Again, it served its purpose. The internet worked fine and the CATV had more than enough channels. The Heater worked and was quiet....it snow fluuried, I needed heat.

the breakfast was hot and good........like I said, I cant say i disliked the place, it served its purpose and there really wasnt enough time to like/dislike it. I came, I went

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Maryland, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travel a lot, both business and personal, and have built a tolerance for small nuances and inconveniences with hotels. And I've never written a bad comment or review for one.

However, my stay at the Fairfield Inn in Harrisburg, PA will ruin that track record and earn the title of "Worst Marriott Experience. Ever."

Between the musky, mildew smell; the water damage that appears to be causing mold and the wall paper to bubble and peel; the dead bug in the light fixture and the dead cricket in the bathroom; the very damaged and scared furniture; the way the blackout curtains extend three feet from the wall when the AC or heat is on because they're too long (and thus defeating the purpose of blackout curtains, not to mention privacy since I was on the ground floor); and the overall dated look and feel of the accommodations --- the hotel feels like it has fallen to the level of, if not lower than, that of a motel. Also, the staff was friendly, but seemingly disinterested; especially was the case as I was checking out.

While I still largely remain an advocate consumer for the Marriott brand, sadly, I will not be staying at this particular hotel again on my next business trip to Harrisburg. I also can't recommend this hotel to my coworkers, friends, or family, and would advise to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Keith Y
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The Fairfield Inn has started renovations and the issues you had mentioned are being addressed.