“Stayed 1/2 hour and checked out” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Charlotte, NC
“Stayed 1/2 hour and checked out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

On a business trip, arrived at hotel at 11:00 pm. My corporate travel agent booked this hotel last minute as I had missed a flight out of Harrisburg and was looking for a nearby hotel with my corparate discount the room charge was $135 without taxes. Arrived at my room and the keys did not work. The clerk told me I was not inserting the key card correctly. I informed him I travel 45 weeks a year across the nation and do know how to insert a hotel key card. He reluctantly reswiped and the key card worked. As I walked in I noticed a strange smell, but due to the late hour thought I would turn up the air and ignore it. As I went to change the air I noticed large gobs of smeared gum on curtains, gouged walls, overall dirty appearance. I washed my face in the bathroom and the towel smelled like vomit. I instantly dropped the towel when to grab a plastic drinking cup and the plastic was slimy and dripping. I looked up at the bathroom ceiling noticed the mold sprouting above me and that was it. I politely called the front desk and asked if there were any other rooms available, he said yes and hung up. I went downstairs informed him I was checking out and recieved my $0 invoice. He did not ask why I stayed 1/2 hour and as he was the desk clerk, I did not want to give him a hard time. Whoever owns this hotel, may not be in business long.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cherelle C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Please know that guest satisfaction is our number one goal, and apologize if we have not met that. We have recently completed our renovation and addressed any guest room issues/concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kensington, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The first thing we noticed was the musty odor when we arrived. We were in a hurry and dropped our luggage a left. When we arrived back, it was after midnight and not in the mood to complain. After a mediocre breakfast, we left for the day agian. Arriving back around 8, the smell was accompanied by heavy air. We kept the bathroom fan running to try to help the situation. When we got into bed, the linens also smelled musty. I did say something at checkout and they gave me a small credit to my bill. Being a Marriott, I expected much more from the hotel. I would avoid this hotel the next time I return to this area.

1 Thank Tpamp
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Place Needs a Update The Bathroom had Blonde Hair in it I have Black Hair Room is was old and had a Mildew Smell to it ! I have stayed in so many Marriot Hotels and I would say that this was the worse I arrived at 1 am - and The Front Entrance was locked and there was no one at the Front Desk for a Good 10 Minutes

Room Tip: I would actually like a Refund !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tunnelton, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to Hershey Park which is only 10-15 min drive AWAY. It is not in the middle of the HERSHEY PARK influx of traffic coming and going to the park. We did have some issues getting my brother's friends and family discount. We worked on it from Friday am until Sunday AM emails were sent several times from Winchester, Va to personal company email for Mrs. Gonzales without receipt on her side, Then to the associates email after Gonzales responded back by email and Shanili said they still had no received the fax and email for the white Friends and Family certificate. The discount for this motel only reduced the rate to 119 from 149 unlike the 45 dollar a nite discount we get in Virginia at my brother's bosses hotels like Hilton Garden, Holiday Express, Fairfield Inn, and etc.But we saved between 80-100 bucks. We found the room clean and nicely decorated. The staff were all professional and friendly..most were Spanish speaking. Many staff had been there for years so things seemed to flow smoothly at the hotel. We like the pool, spa,workout room, and fruit basket in the lobby. Our room was handicapped accessible with a little sliding board in the tub and handicapped rails in the bathroom, The 2 Queen beds were waterproofed in advance for my grandson's bed wetting issue but he did well and we didn't have an issue.However, we were prepared in-case we asked for extra pillows and got them. We did not get a roll away bed so the boys wouldn't sleep together so they bunked with each one of us grandparents.The reason for no roll away bed is the fire hazard regulations so that was understandable. The breakfast room was a little small as far as navigating around the tables once you got your free breakfast. If they would take out the two tables in the middle and move tables it would make it less cramped but every table was full this am. The staff keep this area restocked well so we arrived at 8:30 and they was still plenty of breakfast like when we arrived at 0630.The breakfast consisted of juices, coffee, sausage patties, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, mixed fruits, yogurts, make your own waffles, assorted cereal and toast choice, hot instant oatmeal, milk & chocolate milk, muffins. There is many restaurants both sit down and fast food places near by...we enjoyed waffle house,McDonald's, Gabriel's for shopping. Chunkie Cheese is nearby as well. Our room 317 was near the elevators but was on the top floor so it was quiet despite this with some occasional noise in the hall there is a handicapped room further down the hall. The pool and breakfast area are all on the first floor. This was a straight shot down for my husband who walks with a cane and two leg braces. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE HANDICAPPED PARKING IN FRONT AS WE CAME BACK FROM WAL-MART and had to park in non-handicapped due to all the spaces being filled. There is like 2-3 spots and that's is it.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor, away from elevators.
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I chose this hotel for location and price. Very affordable for Harrisburg. Typical Fairfield Inn. Nice rooms, good breakfast buffet, market for drinks, chips, etc. There are numerous restaurants and shops within an easy walking distance. I walked down the block to a nice Chinese restaurant for lunch. When I left they were building a gas station on the corner right next to the hotel which will make it very convenient for filling up the car and grabbing snacks. But for now, it is a construction site that blocks access to the sidewalks. So until it is complete you will have to walk on the side of the road to get to the shops. I will stay here again when in Harrisburg

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Frenchtown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a Fairfield Inn expecting a certain level of cleanliness and were very disappointed. The pull out sofa had candy wrappers and dirt underneath it, which we reported. Housekeeping came in and removed the wrappers, but nothing else. We found the shhets for the puulout in a drawer. The pillows had stains on them...disgusting! I'm also not sure if the sheets on the king bed had been changed from he prior guests and the pillows were flat and old. Sheets had creases in them as if they had been slept on. The final straw was the towels which were also dirty with makeup and slightly discolored. I did report all of this to the manager who apologized and adjusted our room rate. However, I would have much preferred a clean room!

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. This was especially important since my reservation had been made for the week after in error. The front desk person was very accommodating in finding a room for me and honoring the price I had for the incorrect reservation. This was much appreciated! The room was comfortable and large enough. Unfortunately, the bathroom and sink area had a musty smell, although it didn't permeate the entire room. The breakfast was fine. I would go back if I were in the area for business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business