“Disappointed- I would never Return”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Place Needs a Update The Bathroom had Blonde Hair in it I have Black Hair Room is was old and had a Mildew Smell to it ! I have stayed in so many Marriot Hotels and I would say that this was the worse I arrived at 1 am - and The Front Entrance was locked and there was no one at the Front Desk for a Good 10 Minutes

Room Tip: I would actually like a Refund !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to Hershey Park which is only 10-15 min drive AWAY. It is not in the middle of the HERSHEY PARK influx of traffic coming and going to the park. We did have some issues getting my brother's friends and family discount. We worked on it from Friday am until Sunday AM emails were sent several times from Winchester, Va to personal company email for Mrs. Gonzales without receipt on her side, Then to the associates email after Gonzales responded back by email and Shanili said they still had no received the fax and email for the white Friends and Family certificate. The discount for this motel only reduced the rate to 119 from 149 unlike the 45 dollar a nite discount we get in Virginia at my brother's bosses hotels like Hilton Garden, Holiday Express, Fairfield Inn, and etc.But we saved between 80-100 bucks. We found the room clean and nicely decorated. The staff were all professional and friendly..most were Spanish speaking. Many staff had been there for years so things seemed to flow smoothly at the hotel. We like the pool, spa,workout room, and fruit basket in the lobby. Our room was handicapped accessible with a little sliding board in the tub and handicapped rails in the bathroom, The 2 Queen beds were waterproofed in advance for my grandson's bed wetting issue but he did well and we didn't have an issue.However, we were prepared in-case we asked for extra pillows and got them. We did not get a roll away bed so the boys wouldn't sleep together so they bunked with each one of us grandparents.The reason for no roll away bed is the fire hazard regulations so that was understandable. The breakfast room was a little small as far as navigating around the tables once you got your free breakfast. If they would take out the two tables in the middle and move tables it would make it less cramped but every table was full this am. The staff keep this area restocked well so we arrived at 8:30 and they was still plenty of breakfast like when we arrived at 0630.The breakfast consisted of juices, coffee, sausage patties, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, mixed fruits, yogurts, make your own waffles, assorted cereal and toast choice, hot instant oatmeal, milk & chocolate milk, muffins. There is many restaurants both sit down and fast food places near by...we enjoyed waffle house,McDonald's, Gabriel's for shopping. Chunkie Cheese is nearby as well. Our room 317 was near the elevators but was on the top floor so it was quiet despite this with some occasional noise in the hall there is a handicapped room further down the hall. The pool and breakfast area are all on the first floor. This was a straight shot down for my husband who walks with a cane and two leg braces. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE HANDICAPPED PARKING IN FRONT AS WE CAME BACK FROM WAL-MART and had to park in non-handicapped due to all the spaces being filled. There is like 2-3 spots and that's is it.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor, away from elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I chose this hotel for location and price. Very affordable for Harrisburg. Typical Fairfield Inn. Nice rooms, good breakfast buffet, market for drinks, chips, etc. There are numerous restaurants and shops within an easy walking distance. I walked down the block to a nice Chinese restaurant for lunch. When I left they were building a gas station on the corner right next to the hotel which will make it very convenient for filling up the car and grabbing snacks. But for now, it is a construction site that blocks access to the sidewalks. So until it is complete you will have to walk on the side of the road to get to the shops. I will stay here again when in Harrisburg

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a Fairfield Inn expecting a certain level of cleanliness and were very disappointed. The pull out sofa had candy wrappers and dirt underneath it, which we reported. Housekeeping came in and removed the wrappers, but nothing else. We found the shhets for the puulout in a drawer. The pillows had stains on them...disgusting! I'm also not sure if the sheets on the king bed had been changed from he prior guests and the pillows were flat and old. Sheets had creases in them as if they had been slept on. The final straw was the towels which were also dirty with makeup and slightly discolored. I did report all of this to the manager who apologized and adjusted our room rate. However, I would have much preferred a clean room!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. This was especially important since my reservation had been made for the week after in error. The front desk person was very accommodating in finding a room for me and honoring the price I had for the incorrect reservation. This was much appreciated! The room was comfortable and large enough. Unfortunately, the bathroom and sink area had a musty smell, although it didn't permeate the entire room. The breakfast was fine. I would go back if I were in the area for business.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I do not know why they call this hotel "Harrisburg Hershey." The hotel is actually in Harrisburg. Hershey is about 15-20 minutes away depending on traffic. The hotel is in a good busy location near the freeway. Drive through Dunkin, Starbucks, chain restaurants, Giant supermarket and basic stores right next door, or minutes away. Basic Fairfield breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, bagels, muffins. Nothing cooked to order. However there was a lot of it even at the last minute before the breakfast closed. The staff is exemplary. Wanted a restaurant recommendation. Gave us a coupon for Texas Roadhouse, which is right next door. Incredible steaks, by the way. Our room was spotless. Did not use the indoor pool, but saw a sign on it that said the heater or something like that was broken so the pool was colder than usual. Rooms standard Fairfield size, on the smaller side, with comfortable beds. Would definitely stay again on another trip to Harrisburg, not Hershey. Thank you again Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We loved loved the breakfast---plenty of options!! We are having withdrawals. The indoor pool was small and cold---no one was in it because it was so cold. The sauna is nice but was closed down also note- no one under age 15 can use it. The staff were so helpful and friendly that they would be the reason for me to come back. They Lobby is small, but there is a computer and printer there for guests and convenient coffee and tea 24/day.

Our room was super clean, we left a little more than usual for the housekeeper. They were superb! Unfortunately, there is a musty odor that was immediately apparent when we first opened the door. It was bad, I didn't complain because it was really clean but you have to wonder if there is mold growing..we were on the first floor and it seems that other guests said the same thing about first floor but I think that the second floor would be fine if its away from the pool area. We won't come here again only because of the smell. The pillows also can be replaced. We had two full size beds even though they said that it was two queens when we booked it.

Easy to get to Hershey---about 15/20 minutes and right off highway...few stores nearby.

Room Tip: dont get first floor, don't get middle rooms(pool in the middle of hotel).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family