“Very Good Hotel but Get a Room on the Back Side”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Central Oregon, Oregon
“Very Good Hotel but Get a Room on the Back Side”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Very good Fairfield; better than average. Spacious rooms (I think mine was upgraded), good fitness facility, professional staff. As other reviewers have noted, the road out in front is very busy with trucks from 2 nearby warehouses. The even numbered rooms are in the front and are generally the ones with a king bed. The odd numbered rooms are in the back and are generally 2 double beds. It was worth it to me to get a room in the back even though it wasn't my preferred bed type.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Luray, Virginia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I was at the facility for a two day stay to conduct a training session. I arrived around 8 pm, checked in and asked about dining options near by. The clerk advised of two steakhouses down the road and gave me a coupon for 10% off for one of the establishments. It was a chain restaurant, so the food was acceptable.

The room was has wanted, clean with no climate issues. The free breakfast was nice as well. Good selection of sweets (if desired) and there was also breakfast sandwiches.

Overall good stay for the price and for my need. Free high speed wireless internet was also a plus.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I booked this on reviews from Travel Advisor but I would not recommend it.
We got to the hotel and there was about 1/2 hour wait for our room. When we eventually go to the room we walked down the hallway and there was a musty odor. We got into the room and there was a smell to it plus the carpet was very damp. The bathroom was very very small. We were travelling with two small children and I did not think this was a good place to stay. Maybe it was just the first floor where the rooms were but I did not want to chance it. We went to the front desk to ask for another room but there was no other rooms available becuase they had just had a lacrosse team there and were sold out the night before and they were backed up on cleaning the rooms - so we checked out and went over to the Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nyc023
London, Ontario
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We arrived at the Fairfield Inn quite late at night after a 7 hour drive from Ontario, Canada. The hotel was clean, quiet and easy to find. Staff at desk was very helpful and breakfast was welcome in the morning. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fraser, MI
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night with husband and son while on a roadtrip with a stop at Hershey. Very clean room and impressive continental breakfast...I say its impressive as in better then a few bagels. However, please note the breakfast is free to everyone...I noticed when booking you could purchase it in a package for an additional fee (through marriott.com)-you don't need to though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I paid an unexpected visit to this hotel when a snow storm made travel impossible and I had to get off the road in Harrisburg. The room and hotel generally were clean. My only issues with the room itself were that bathroom sink was rather small and the heater did not have a setting that allowed you to leave the fan running. If you wanted heat, you had no choice but to let it cycle on and off, which I hate, as it makes it difficult to sleep. The continental breakfast had a nice assortment of items. My main complaint was with the noise. Although the hotel appeared be far enough away from the highway that noise would not be an issue, the road directly in front of the hotel is frequented by trucks. The sound of trucks driving past all night was very annoying. If you stay here, request a room on the back side of the property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank joni960
concord
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This Inn was very up to date on decor in room and met our every need. I have never been treated so well. We spent time in the pool which we noticed was cleaned often. It was quiet, relaxing and the staff was so polite. I had traveled over 600 miles and this room was a delight.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family